Florida Deputies Who Fatally Shot U.S. Airman Burst Into Wrong Apartment, Attorney Says

Daps
Disingenuous?...Im not the one making points in a thread where the thread title is a blatant lie

YOU ARE....and you didn't feel the need for that to be corrected....and we know why
The thread title is a quote from the attorney. As biased as the title may be, you’re derailing an entire thread about a valid concern to bytch and moan about the use of a damn quote. I didn’t even reference the quote in my mind after reading the article and watching the video, nor did I make a single mention of it being the wrong apartment.

The idiocy of thinking you can’t have a reasonable discussion because the person who started it is biased is wild. That’s like 90% of news articles. Let’s all just deflect and argue about intentions instead looking at the details and discussing those.

You’re the problem my dude. Look at yourself in the mirror.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/1
Deputies responding to a disturbance call at a Florida apartment complex burst into the wrong unit and fatally shot a Black U.S. Air Force airman who was home alone when they saw he was armed with a gun, an attorney for Roger Fortson’s family said Wednesday.

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196
GNLHRnSW4AAnsL_.jpg

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hate to say this but some of you are SLOW. Yall still dont see what the whole trayvon martin, mike brown and cointelpro shyt thats going on for a decade now. You dont think all of that BLM shyt was to dehumanize and devalue black people even further amongst other things?
why aren’t you banned ??

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
what was the more effective means of compelling minnesota’s justice system to bring charges against derrick chauvin in 2020?

setting the country on fire or filing a lawsuit, forming a pac, and hiring a lobbyist?

:jbhmm:

This is an interesting statement. So you feel the primary objective was just to get charges against Derrick Chauvin?

If we're going to talk about effectiveness, do you feel the George Floyd protests were effective in improving the lives of Black people in America? Since the protests started, have Black rights improved, have legal structures gotten better, is there more Black opportunity than before? Or have we actually gone backwards? (More police funding, more calls for mass incarceration, the dismantling of DEI programs, the elimination of Affirmative Action, etc.) And what part did the violence in protests play, in the long run, in turning up the heat on police officers or has public sympathy for cops actually gone in the opposite direction since then?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
i think i have had him ignored for like a decade

for some shyt he was doing in some other police shooting thread back then :unimpressed:

Breh is a consistent right-wing reactionary. He was co-signing Desantis's intimidation of Black voters, spreading Trump election fraud narratives, kissing Candace Owens's ass, blamed Black kids for bad education outcomes, says he's a software engineer so he doesn't care if Republicans are locking black men up, pushing bootlicker narratives about "lazy American workers", and likes saying, "Go woke go broke". Just a few months ago he was supporting the cops who shot some sleeping guy in his car and said he would have done the same thing.

Daps
This is an interesting statement. So you feel the primary objective was just to get charges against Derrick Chauvin?

If we're going to talk about effectiveness, do you feel the George Floyd protests were effective in improving the lives of Black people in America? Since the protests started, have Black rights improved, have legal structures gotten better, is there more Black opportunity than before? Or have we actually gone backwards? (More police funding, more calls for mass incarceration, the dismantling of DEI programs, the elimination of Affirmative Action, etc.) And what part did the violence in protests play, in the long run, in turning up the heat on police officers or has public sympathy for cops actually gone in the opposite direction since then?
interesting that you would attribute reactionary policy to nationwide mobilization by black people on behalf of george floyd.

my question still stands: what put the arrest and prosecution of chauvin in motion?

a lawsuit or streets across america on fire?

:unimpressed:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
interesting that you would attribute reactionary policy to nationwide mobilization by black people on behalf of george floyd.

I didn't say that, I asked you questions that you seem unwilling to answer. Do you think those who engaged in violent/destructive ways were effective in improving policy and qualify of life for Black people, or not?

my question still stands: what put the arrest and prosecution of chauvin in motion?

a lawsuit or streets across america on fire?

:unimpressed:

Your question leads to a meaningless and unanswerable counterfactual. Chauvin was arrested and charged just 3 days after his act, so we have no way of knowing whether he still would have been arrested if protestors used a different strategy. Numerous officers (though not nearly enough) have been charged and convicted without any of that,

Meanwhile, did all those Ferguson protests get Darren Wilson locked up? Did the riots in Charlotte bring justice for Keith Lamont Scott? Are Breonna Taylor's killers about to catch homicide charges, or did I miss something? Baltimore was burning, but is anyone ever going to be found guilty of killing Freddie Gray? How much more rioting do you think we'll need before Jacob Blake's killers ever get charged?

I don't know how any American could have been alive the last 10 years and thought, "Yeah, this form of protests has been working out great, we're definitely getting a lot done and things have gotten better." And I'm fully in support of protests, but they need to be far better organized and strategic, just plain unorganized "set the country on fire" has ALWAYS backfired for every group other than the ones who are in power.

Just look at the gains by the CRM between 1954 and 1966 with their intelligent and carefully strategized actions carefully coordinated with legal moves, for example, and then compare that to what happened in 1968 after the country was set on fire.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Greg Abbott just let out of man who basically was on the hunt to shoot a black person and called it self-defense

Meanwhile none of those dudes are running to this guy's defense after he obviously was put in a position where he had a right to be suspicious of what was at his door. It doesn't fit their narrative or serve their base so they're going to keep quiet like this never happened. No NRA, Stand your ground advocates or GOP Pro Gun governors.

Stay safe out there guys. Your own government won't give a shyt.

They're waiting for you to go berserk because of the situations they put in front of you so they can shoot you and lock you up every single day. All the stuff your dad's, uncles, grandad told you was 💯 true.

And for you fools that refuse to believe the reality that's in front of you go straight to hell.

Last edited: