Former NBA #1 pick Joe Smith's journey from $61M to $157k in debt

broller

Veteran
Daps
Its no 61M.. its 30M after taxes broken down to 16 years.

I'm not gonna jump on a young black dude who became a millionaire at 19, with tons of family, friends, business investments that failed, people he tried to help, kids etc. :yeshrug:

I ain't criticizing his misfortune, I'm just saying it's actually a lot of money (1.8 Milly per or 30mil over 16 years)

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
coulda been $94 mil but Kevin McHale's dumb ass left a paper trail
MaleAdventurousDwarfrabbit-size_restricted.gif

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
:snoop: HOW SWAY?!? I couldn't legit be making millions and NOT stashing half of that shyt... No outrageous spending....

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
these nikkas getting supermaxes never going broke will be damn near impossible especially if they already had a big contract and endorsement money before the supermax
Wanna bet? Brehs out here who are living wreckless getting women pregnant or entering bad marriages...might as well write off half that money now, if not more. Then you got the brehs who are making bad investments and buying property they can't afford long term.

These guys don't end up as talking heads on espn because they want to. They have to.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Wanna bet? Brehs out here who are living wreckless getting women pregnant or entering bad marriages...might as well write off half that money now, if not more. Then you got the brehs who are making bad investments and buying property they can't afford long term.

These guys don't end up as talking heads on espn because they want to. They have to.

Not every sports analyst is hurting for money man. That narrative needs to stop. Maybe those older guys who weren’t around for huge contracts but you think(I’m gonna rattle off a few names) Shaq, T Mac, Billups, Jalen Rose, Pierce, Hill, etc are on espn/tnt/nbatv because they need money? :pachaha:

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
A fool and his money shall part. :yeshrug:
Cry me a river, breh. You think I'm going to mourn someone who couldn't maintain $61 Million Dollars and was a bust? :why::mjtf::mjlol:
NO EXCUSES for making that much money and being broke after all of it.