Future “as a artist” > Drake, J.Cole & Kendrick Lamar

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
There’s factual options, and then there’s the stuff you’re saying. Once again, you dudes are gonna have to give examples instead of just spewing out nonsense and claiming OTHER people are upset. Hard doesn’t not sound like Wesley Pressly, which doesn’t sound like Magic, which doesn’t sound like Itchin, which doesn’t sound like Turn On The Lights, which doesn’t sound like Hallucinating, with doesn’t sound like Like That, and I could go on for another paragraph. See how easy it was for me to give you examples just like I did in the Lil Baby thread (an artist that ACTUALLY makes the same song over and over)? You’re the one who should probably be thinking for yourself instead of sticking with a dated baseless talking point that would come from a 55 year old dude with a podcast.
Mf stated a baseless opinion, is given examples of why his opinion is inaccurate, and instead of giving examples of why his opinion is correct he projects anger onto me :mjlol:

I asked this dude three separate times for examples and his rebuttal is "think for yourself" :mjlol:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Lol Future found his lane and stuck to it.

And yall want him to rap about deeper content just to fukk up his bag?? Why would he risk losing millions doing that when he doesn't have to.
and this is why they say rappers are scared to rap. and it's began the death of hip hop after 50+ years. by the way you describe it he is playing it safe so it makes it even harder to claim that he is the peak artist of his era when he won't take artistic risks.

post trap and drill rap has no real future trending direction right now. everyone sound the same. no sound innovators at the forefront and no cutting edge artistry. this how culture dies.... stagnation is death. i was willing to overlook the lyrical decline of rap but when the sonics stop innovating it's nearing expirty date.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
and this is why they say rappers are scared to rap. and it's began the death of hip hop after 50+ years. by the way you describe it he is playing it safe so it makes it even harder to claim that he is the peak artist of his era when he won't take artistic risks.

post trap and drill rap has no real future trending direction right now. everyone sound the same. no sound innovators at the forefront and no cutting edge artistry. this how culture dies.... stagnation is death. i was willing to overlook the lyrical decline of rap but when the sonics stop innovating it's nearing expirty date.

Future is a modern disco/techno artist :yeshrug:

Daps
Lol Future found his lane and stuck to it.

And yall want him to rap about deeper content just to fukk up his bag?? Why would he risk losing millions doing that when he doesn't have to.
shyt even durk has deeper content than future tho. This why I say future is crazy overrated, cause there’s people that do what he does even better, but since he got the hits and success he gets all the praise

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
shyt even durk has deeper content than future tho. This why I say future is crazy overrated, cause there’s people that do what he does even better, but since he got the hits and success he gets all the praise

Durk ain't on the same level as future. Yall keep saying it's 100 rap artist better than him right now and if you try to list them all out it's not even close. Future got Grammys, has written R&B hits for other artists, has like 10+ songs on the Billboard 100 right now. Probably still has the top song right now.

Daps
Durk ain't on the same level as future. Yall keep saying it's 100 rap artist better than him right now and if you try to list them all out it's not even close. Future got Grammys, has written R&B hits for other artists, has like 10+ songs on the Billboard 100 right now. Probably still has the top song right now.
That’s cool, but he still aint the best at what he does and def isnt in the big 3 convo. He can make hits tho, one of the more talented artists in the game, but he overhyped like a mf

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Not going to hate on Future cause he's original and very influential, but holy shyt is he overrated on The Coli

Basically has 2-3 song concepts that he's rotated through for the last ten years

I think deep down folks like that he's got a cool aesthetic, HOH and caters to a certain lifestyle that is very romanticized.

He asks very little of you as a listener, and there will always be an appeal for that, but it never puts you in the "one of the greats" conversation

Edit: I see Awesome Wells said the same thing 2 pages back lol

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Three random Future tracks.

All of which, I've played a million times.

Take those three tracks, you mean to tell me you don’t think any of those three sound like ANY other songs in dude's catalogue? You really believe those three songs are outliers and original sounding and he never made sh*t over 12-13 years that sounds exactly like any of those songs?
What artist makes every single song in their catalog sound different? This is some made up standard absolutely no artist lives up to. Even a bytch like Madonna who fully reinvents herself has overlap

Last edited:

Tommy Sheppard

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not going to hate on Future cause he's original and very influential, but holy shyt is he overrated on The Coli

Basically has 2-3 song concepts that he's rotated through for the last ten years

I think deep down folks like that he's got a cool aesthetic, HOH and caters to a certain lifestyle that is very romanticized.

He asks very little of you as a listener, and there will always be an appeal for that, but it never puts you in the "one of the greats" conversation

Edit: I see Awesome Wells said the same thing 2 pages back lol
examples?

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Lil Durk :mjlol: :mjlol: The only thing Durk is good at is exposing how mediocre Lil’ Baby is based on their joint album together. They dropped almost a full album of mid but Lil Baby fans tried making it seem like Durk was “dragging him down”, when their skill level is marginally different.