George Clinton On Kendrick Lamar: “The Only Other Person I’ve Seen Do It Like That Before Is Prince”

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
interviewer was on some dikkrider shyt, George tryin to promote product and every question is about KL. he came off as a pro but thats disrespectful, 2 questions would have been fine

Parlament has a song with Louie Vega? *googles*

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
aka "I thought dude's music was straight garbage like any sensible person would but then that Interscope check showed up and I was ready to hear their backseat freestyle"

Two things

1. Kendrick's never said anything impressive like I done said. His only memorable lines are the childish phrases e.g. bish, boo boo, tuu tuu tuuu!
Stuff that his simple-simon fanbase can relate to.

2. :mjlol: at having high praises for an artist and not knowing a single song of his by name or a single lyric.

:dead: this shyt is too easy. Kendrick appeals to out-of-touch geezers who hear the words jazz/funk and think "I can be relevant again!!!!"
Breh! :laff:

Kokoro

Passion
Supporter
Daps
how many "I'm so musical and I love George Clinton" duckworths are gonna ignore this thread? :jbhmm:
I don't understand why you can't like and listen to it all

I was listening to funk and jazz, and old Kendrick, before Kendrick Lamar was making heavy fusion music

As a jazz/instrumental music fan the music on TPAB outweighed the lyrics for me personally :yeshrug:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What'd you expect? The same circle jerk when you and your group of Drake dikk riders come through and try to argue about the merit of TPAB?
Album was good. Unmastered was also good.
Excited about George's next album.
Anything you wanted to discuss?

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so-called Duckworth music lovers dodged this thread hard :mjlol:

What's there to say ? Clinton is one of the GOATs... Maggot Brain is :wow:

I know it burns to see a certified GOAT compare K-dot to Prince another GOAT :wow:

but there's really nothing you can spin here...

now go take some LSD and zone out with some tumblr chick

Last edited:

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
What's there to say ? Clinton is one of the GOATs... Maggot Brain is :wow:

I know it burns to see a certified GOAT compare K-dot to Prince another GOAT :wow:

but there's really nothing you can spin here...

now go take some LSD and zone out with some tumblr chick

naive :mjlol: