Georgia Tech/Paul Johnson/Triple Option Offense Appreciation Thread

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
I know a lot of people hate the option offense, and think it's outdated af & needs to die ASAP

But when the triple option is working, it looks downright genius :ohhh:

Over the years, I've seen Tech play my Canes and befuddle our D with their offensive scheme :sadcam:

But I broke out NCAA 12 the other day & dusted off my PS3 and played with Tech. Of course I had to practice first :mjlol:But I was killing my opponent :ohhh:

Shouts out to Tech for being competitive in college football despite their fluky ass scheme. Shouts out to Coach Johnson for still having a job. Shouts out to Tech offensive players for severely hurting their NFL chances in exchange for a gimmicky offense & a good education.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
@Rekkapryde shed some light on the ups n downs you’ve seen with this system in place

Offense isn't "bad". When it's working, it's wonderful. But you gotta have 2 things to beat the good teams

1) be able to get the dive play play working up the middle (if you got soft DTs, we eat you alive)
2) be able to hit on some deep passes

Yogi

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it’s trash and they limit themselves by running that bullshyt. Top tier athletes don’t want to play in that offense, so they are at a disadvantage from a talent standpoint. The rest of ACC has caught on to the offense, and Calvin Johnson and Demaryious Thomas ain’t walking through that door. :ufdup:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I think it’s trash and they limit themselves by running that bullshyt. Top tier athletes don’t want to play in that offense, so they are at a disadvantage from a talent standpoint. The rest of ACC has caught on to the offense, and Calvin Johnson and Demaryious Thomas ain’t walking through that door. :ufdup:
We're at a disadvantage regardless because we don't have basket weaving majors and that 100% of all students have to take calculus and lab science. Even Duke and the Stanfords of the world have liberal arts majors and shyt for athletes. And they don't require calculus. It is what it is :mjcrygt:

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
shyt is beautiful to watch when its working full motion :wow:

I remember them nikkas running all over Tennessee couple years ago :mjlit:

Still lost because the defense is garbo :francis:
I remember that Thursday game when they straight gashed the U. If you don't know how to defend the option it's a wrap. You're not stopping it. Plus you need some practice time to prepare.

But on the flipside, when them nikkaz get behind and have to play catch up :scust:

Paul Johnson is starting to hit that Les Miles/ Phil Fulmer stage. They keep losing games that they have no business losing (Tennessee last year) cause of an antiquated coaching style. It might be time to move on.