Georgia Tech/Paul Johnson/Triple Option Offense Appreciation Thread

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Another disadvantage, they can’t get down....

But it seems that Johnson may be on the hot seat, so who knows how long the option will be at tech

The one good thing, it levels the playing field, against the defenses they see, they offense, despite high talent could still thrive, and put up points

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think it’s trash and they limit themselves by running that bullshyt. Top tier athletes don’t want to play in that offense, so they are at a disadvantage from a talent standpoint. The rest of ACC has caught on to the offense, and Calvin Johnson and Demaryious Thomas ain’t walking through that door. :ufdup:
Top tier athletes ain't going to GT because the schoolwork is too hard. Even other prestigious schools have special classes for athletes but not Tech

chargers31

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chargers
I like the style but it Sucks for the Qb to take the punishment a running back gets

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Beautiful offense. Live by, die by it. Every year as a Canes fan I take that game very, very seriously.

I don't think they'd be more successful there with another system. With the academic requirements GT is almost a cadet school in how locked in they are to certain players. Option makes sense for them.

Between them and their option grind, and Syracuse trying to run 100 plays a game with their hurry-up, and all the shyt between, ACC has some of the most interesting scheme matchups week to week. Bobby P's offense at the Ville, Dabo at Clemson, Willie bringing in the Gulf Coast Offense, and Richt tryna develop the Fast reak to the modern game. ACC is wild right now

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I think it’s trash and they limit themselves by running that bullshyt. Top tier athletes don’t want to play in that offense, so they are at a disadvantage from a talent standpoint. The rest of ACC has caught on to the offense, and Calvin Johnson and Demaryious Thomas ain’t walking through that door. :ufdup:

Top tier athletes cant even get into Tech, let alone survive the classes ALL students have to play there. Its no different than the option at Oregon, OSU or Clemson. Difference is Tech plays under center and the other schools play out the shot gun

Another disadvantage, they can’t get down....

But it seems that Johnson may be on the hot seat, so who knows how long the option will be at tech

The one good thing, it levels the playing field, against the defenses they see, they offense, despite high talent could still thrive, and put up points

he signed an extension earlier this summer breh :skip:
he isnt going anywhere.

props to @Tate . I see you know bout that YT channel..I have like 5 tabs open on that channel cause thats the system im trying to learn when I get back into coaching.

Like others have said, when ran right and with the right players, its deadly.

this was Paul Johnson's best season at Tech. We had a strong D, and a QB who could actually throw the ball down field in Justin Thomas. TaQuan Marshall (current QB) is a hell of an athlete but you may as well have a lineman out there throwing..wouldnt be able to tell the difference :pachaha:. Plus the defense has been trash as a whole under Paul Johnson. I think this is the 5th different DC he has on his current staff.

As one of the Coli's resident GT stans I can tell you every thing you wanna know. I wanted to make a season thread but its only like 5 of us on here :to:

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Top tier athletes cant even get into Tech, let alone survive the classes ALL students have to play there. Its no different than the option at Oregon, OSU or Clemson. Difference is Tech plays under center and the other schools play out the shot gun

he signed an extension earlier this summer breh :skip:
he isnt going anywhere.

props to @Tate . I see you know bout that YT channel..I have like 5 tabs open on that channel cause thats the system im trying to learn when I get back into coaching.

Like others have said, when ran right and with the right players, its deadly.

this was Paul Johnson's best season at Tech. We had a strong D, and a QB who could actually throw the ball down field in Justin Thomas. TaQuan Marshall (current QB) is a hell of an athlete but you may as well have a lineman out there throwing..wouldnt be able to tell the difference :pachaha:. Plus the defense has been trash as a whole under Paul Johnson. I think this is the 5th different DC he has on his current staff.

As one of the Coli's resident GT stans I can tell you every thing you wanna know. I wanted to make a season thread but its only like 5 of us on here :to:

shyt my bad might be old news

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seems like Every year it's some coach/player that comes out calling Tech offensive players so dirty mofos because of how they block

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
The Triple Option is hell to defend against. Especially when you don't see it often, when we played Georgia Southern in 2011, it was hell trying to defend them.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The Triple Option is hell to defend against. Especially when you don't see it often, when we played Georgia Southern in 2011, it was hell trying to defend them.

Bama and Tech were supposed to play a home and home a few seasons ago, but someone asked for it to be cancelled
d45b6810d7fe2888ad22282ff3d2e821.png

Yogi

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We're at a disadvantage regardless because we don't have basket weaving majors and that 100% of all students have to take calculus and lab science. Even Duke and the Stanfords of the world have liberal arts majors and shyt for athletes. And they don't require calculus. It is what it is :mjcrygt:
Damn, I didn’t know that. The basketball team used to bring in elite players all the time though. I know Marbury and Will Bynum weren’t taking calculus and lab science :usure: Did they change the academic standards recently?