Ghana’s parliament passes anti-homosexuality bill; criminalizes LGBTQ relationships & those who support LGBTQ rights; sent to President to sign

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
You're making assertions, not arguments

I never claimed that I'd "rather" see anything, that your strawman. You don't understand basic argumentation.

I stated I have no problem with the State making anti-lbgt laws and I gave brief justifications.
You're trying semantic nonsense because you can't morally defend oppresssion of minorities in the face of starvation and other failings of the Ghanaian government. You act as if this policy exists in a vacuum.

A government that does not prioritize the basic necessities of its people is not an effective government. A government that prioritizes jailing minority groups over the basic necessities of its people is even less effective to the point it becomes a moral issue. That justifies condemnation.

My statement was not a strawman, it was simply following your logic to its conclusion.

Also, your justifications are bunk. Health issues are resolved through research and education, not oppression.

motion order

Mercenary
Daps
Reppin
Jew Jersey
You're trying semantic nonsense
No, I'm making an actual argument
you can't morally defend oppresssion of minorities
Thieves and robbers are a minority
in the face of starvation and other failings of the Ghanaian government. You act as if this policy exists in a vacuum.
Multiple policies for multiple issues. The topic of this thread is the lbgt policy which I have no problem with

A government that prioritizes jailing minority groups over the basic necessities of its people is even less effective to the point it becomes a moral issue. That justifies condemnation.
I never made any priority claims. You're not justifying your moral claims
My statement was not a strawman, it was simply following your logic to its conclusion.
I would have had to make a priority claim for this to be true
Also, your justifications are bunk. Health issues are resolved through research and education, not oppression.
If research and education shows that certain behaviors are unhealthy, then prevent them from happening to begin with

Last edited:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Alan Johnson and @AquaCityBoy need to read this over and over again.

We are not anti-LGB. @the cac mamba and I support the gay community.

However, transgenderism isn’t substantiated, isn’t supported by medical or scientific (or frankly philosophical) evidence/legitimacy, and lastly impacts actual women’s spaces and autonomy.
You don't care about "women's spaces and autonomy."

morris

Superstar
Daps
I don't understand the 'their country their rules', while crying about what Israelis do in retaliation to October 7th.
Well, that 'country' (recognized as a sovereign state in 1948) has the military and economic might/assistance of the US & UK, so their rules is ambiguous since they need weapons from those countries. Ghana has no such assistance.

Though as others have noted, basic essentials SHOULD be the focus. Then they could focus on preferential ideologies.

I always reference Kenyan president Uhuru Kenyatta addressing this issue (they also did not promote it)

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
@Alan Johnson and @AquaCityBoy need to read this over and over again.

We are not anti-LGB. @the cac mamba and I support the gay community.

However, transgenderism isn’t substantiated, isn’t supported by medical or scientific (or frankly philosophical) evidence/legitimacy, and lastly impacts actual women’s spaces and autonomy.
fukk you and @the cac mamba. Don't tag me in your posts, you filthy fukking animal.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This entire thread debunks your claims that I’m a homophobe. Dont run now, pússy. :ufdup:
You're a bigot. You have no problem joining hands with the same bigots who spread these backwards laws around the world. You only make these thread to give yourself cover w/e it is rightfully pointed out that you. are. a. bigot.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
You're a bigot.
Based on what evidence? Certainly its not in this thread
You have no problem joining hands with the same bigots who spread these backwards laws around the world.
Show me once where I did that
You only make these thread to give yourself cover w/e it is rightfully pointed out that you. are. a. bigot.
What does calling me a bigot do when you have evidence that I do in fact support the LGB community?

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
No, I'm making an actual argument
Yes. Your argument is that oppression of homosexuals is justified because you believe homosexuality is unhealthy (something you haven't supported with evidence) in spite of mass starvation and other widespread failings.

Thieves and robbers are a minority
Theivery and robbery are actions, actions by individuals that directly harm other individuals and their property. Homosexuals are harming noone by virtue of being homosexual or speaking out against their oppression.

I never made any priority claims. You're not justifying your moral claims
You don't have to. Priority is part of the context the law was drafted in. It doesn't exist in a vacuum. Oppressing a minority group that has not harmed anyone is immoral.

If homosexuality is so harmful to the social and physical health of Ghana, why do countries with full rights for homosexuals enjoy a much higher standard of living than Ghana does?
Multiple policies for multiple issues. The topic of this thread is the lbgt policy which I have no problem with
But there is no policy being passed to address those issues, they passed one to address gays. Hence, my statement that they are prioritizing oppression over the other issues.

I would have had to make a priority claim for this to be true
It doesn't matter if you're making the claim. The context exists, you just choose to ignore it.
If research and education shows that certain behaviors are unhealthy, then prevent them from happening to begin with
Throwing people in jail is not prevention, it's punishment. Education leads to prevention. Also, bad water and lack of food are significantly unhealthier for the people as a whole than homosexuality, so again, they should be higher priority for government.

By your logic, government officials should be jailed for allowing these things to go unchecked, as they are unhealthy.