Ghana’s parliament passes anti-homosexuality bill; criminalizes LGBTQ relationships & those who support LGBTQ rights; sent to President to sign

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
You're a bigot. You have no problem joining hands with the same bigots who spread these backwards laws around the world. You only make these thread to give yourself cover w/e it is rightfully pointed out that you. are. a. bigot.
Dude, its possible to agree with some of what people say and disagree with other parts. This "all or nothing" dogmatism is a real problem with some parts of the Left.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Dude, its possible to agree with some of what people say and disagree with other parts. This "all or nothing" dogmatism is a real problem with some parts of the Left.
Sure that's true for some issues, but not when it comes to things which affect a person's humanity and well-being. And never when the people involved hate us too.

motion order

Mercenary
Daps
Reppin
Jew Jersey
Your argument is that oppression of homosexuals is justified because you believe homosexuality is unhealthy (something you haven't supported with evidence)
Male - male homosexuals have increased risk of diseases. Not just STIs, but also digestive and excretory health issue.

Female - female relationships are the most prone to inter-partner violence. They are also unstable in terms of longevity

Transsexuals have a plethora of health and psychological issues. They are at extremely high risk of suicide, whether pre-op or post-op.

None of this happens in a personal vacuum, and there's no history of the lbgt keeping their filth "in the privacy of their homes," it effects society, they seem to feel the need to proliferate their filth. Neither of these proclivities are conductive to stable families. Stable families are necessary for a stable civilization.
Theivery and robbery are actions, actions by individuals that directly harm other individuals and their property.
Homosexuality and transgenderism is an act that harms the individual and disrupts the stability of a society.
You don't have to. Priority is part of the context the law was drafted in. It doesn't exist in a vacuum. Oppressing a minority group that has not harmed anyone is immoral.
No you just insist on inserting the x y z issues into the conversation. One can talk about the merits of this thread topic without introducing this false dilemma or trying to prioritize external issues. I'm only speaking on this one issue
If homosexuality is so harmful to the social and physical health of Ghana, why do countries with full rights for homosexuals enjoy a much higher standard of living than Ghana does?
The legality of lbgt is not a causation for a society's standard of living. This is a ridiculous question.
But there is no policy being passed to address those issues, they passed one to address gays. Hence, my statement that they are prioritizing oppression over the other issues.
These are still external topics and issues to what this thread is about
It doesn't matter if you're making the claim. The context exists, you just choose to ignore it.
You're concocting this necessary "context" in your own mind
Throwing people in jail is not prevention, it's punishment. Education leads to prevention.
Punishment is implemented to prevent further violations. Education can also do this, it's not either or.
Also, bad water and lack of food are significantly unhealthier for the people as a whole than homosexuality, so again, they should be higher priority for government.
Red herring, stay on topic
By your logic, government officials should be jailed for allowing these things to go unchecked, as they are unhealthy.
This is stupid

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Male - male homosexuals have increased risk of diseases. Not just STIs, but also digestive and excretory health issue.

Female - female relationships are the most prone to inter-partner violence. They are also unstable in terms of longevity

Transsexuals have a plethora of health and psychological issues. They are at extremely high risk of suicide, whether pre-op or post-op.

None of this happens in a personal vacuum, and there's no history of the lbgt keeping their filth "in the privacy of their homes," it effects society, they seem to feel the need to proliferate their filth. Neither of these proclivities are conductive to stable families. Stable families are necessary for a stable civilization.

Homosexuality and transgenderism is an act that harms the individual and disrupts the stability of a society.

No you just insist on inserting the x y z issues into the conversation. One can talk about the merits of this thread topic without introducing this false dilemma or trying to prioritize external issues. I'm only speaking on this one issue

The legality of lbgt is not a causation for a society's standard of living. This is a ridiculous question.

These are still external topics and issues to what this thread is about

You're concocting this necessary "context" in your own mind

Punishment is implemented to prevent further violations. Education can also do this, it's not either or.

Red herring, stay on topic

This is stupid
The thread topic is the law. I have not only addressed why the law is wrong on its own merits (the immorality of government jailing those who have not harmed another individual), I addressed the immorality of government prioritizing oppression over food, water, and infrastructure failure. You continue to ignore the context of the law. It didn't get passed in a vacuum.

The negative health effects of stds can be remedied by education and medicine. Draconian punishments only make the problem worse, see drug/alcohol prohibition.

Homosexuality is not an act, it's a sexual orientation. Sexual behaviors with potential harm are not exclusive to homosexuals.

Acceptance of lgbt correlates with a higher standard of living. There is no evidence that draconian crackdowns will improve Ghana's standard of living. It will also objectively make things worse for gay Ghanains and anyone gay who travels to Ghana. This also makes the law immoral.

Again, you call contex a red herring to avoid addressing it.

You don't like when your logic is taken to its natural conclusion. You believe that if something is harmful to society, it deserves punishment. Those who allow hunger to persist without remedy are harming society. Therefore, according to your logic, they deserve punishment.

Y'all authoritarians are something else, especially the ones that live in the West.

motion order

Mercenary
Daps
Reppin
Jew Jersey
The thread topic is the law.
Thread is about one law. You chose to muddy the waters by introducing others
I have not only addressed why the law is wrong on its own merits (the immorality of government jailing those who have not harmed another individual), I addressed the immorality of government prioritizing oppression
Your hubris allows you to believe that your moral standards should supercede that of a sovereign state. The state believes lbgt will harm the collective, they're not catering to the individual

Homosexuality is not an act, it's a sexual orientation
One can have homosexual thoughts and desires, and one can, in turn, 'act' on said thoughts and desires
Sexual behaviors with potential harm are not exclusive to homosexuals.
I never claimed otherwise
Acceptance of lgbt correlates with a higher standard of living.
Dozens upon dozens upon dozens of factors help determine a state's standard of living. You're committing the fallacy of the single cause
Also, I'm sure your metrics for standard of living are purely Western-centric
You don't like when your logic is taken to its natural conclusion.
I'm not addressing the x y z you introduced. You can't insert them in to my argument just because you want to - Strawman
Y'all authoritarians are something else
There's nothing empirically wrong with authoritarianism

All your arguments are coming from a western liberal secular framework; a philosophy crafted by, and foist upon the aboriginal population by the western colonizers. You're merely asserting that these "backwards Africans" should submit to this post-enlightenment way thinking simply because it grants extra freedoms to the individual. This is textbook whiteman's burden thinking

Last edited:

Loggie

All Star
Daps
Its not in me to hate a group of people just because the law tell me to.
Gonna have to avoid ever traveling to Ghana, don't wanna end up in jail just because i was polite to a gay person in public.
Just because i disagree with something doesn't mean i take it that serious.
Love thy neighbor. Jesus/ New Testament if you are into that thing is the way forward. These countries are basing their state policy off the Bible. What part of the Bible? Jesus reset the beliefs.

@BlackJesus @Jesus H. Christ @JesusFOREVER

Get y’all peoples.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
America over the past decade has led by example and shown the whole world what the future can resemble..they said NO!! :camby:

The world is watching the insanity of America's gays taking over everything and the subsequent fights..they saw what could happen if you go soft on gays and decided to abort that baby before it grows up into America. Kudos to Ghana..Viva Africa, viva :wow:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
man GTFOH with your cac interpretation of the scriptures

So these cacs think non Christian/Religious Africans are somehow willing to let gayism into their lives :mjtf:

I read a story about some dude in a tight skirt showing up to a bar somewhere in Africa, and got his ass beaten to a pulp.
Cacs need to quit thinking every corner of the world should somehow be partial to cac culture and weird customs. Expecti :stopitslime:ng people to accomodate wild shyt

SupaDupaCool

Superstar
Daps
I just wanna give a shout out to every coli dude who ain't some type of fukking genocidal psychopath. This shyt is disgraceful and will only make Africa countries even more dated ans irrelevant on the worldstage. Religious fundamentalism is the cornerstone of a poor society. I wish people understood that your personal fukking opinion and government are two completely different things.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Sad. I’ll never go to Ghana!!!

I feel bad for the LGBTQ people there. Must be scary times for them.