Girls (HBO Show) Discussion thread

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I watched seasons 1-4 and stopped. Considering watching the rest now that it's over. Is it worth it? First few seasons were pretty funny at times.
If you liked what you saw then it's worth it. The last two seasons were pretty good overall. There were some fantastic stands out episodes.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
i didnt love the finale because i watch this show to see idiots struggle in an urban area. only guy who made this show enjoyable whenever they left NY was desi. but hannah just offering her pants and shoes to some girl had me dead, that shyt was apatow at his best, before he tries to be a real screenwriter and make us care about stupid people, he usually has some good jokes.

the first two months of having a kid are fukking hell. not always easy to fall in love with a baby like people say, that sometimes comes later. as a mom, that has to be devastating to not love your kid right away, especially being single. it's hard for the dad, but not as hard because the baby doesn't really care about the dad until later anyway. i thought they captured that whole situation really well, it was hard to watch if you've been through it.

the best part of this show ended up being the male characters, funny. lena dunham is a fukking weirdo and has the voice of a dying rat and kinda sucks at writing, but this show was actually pretty good, all in all. i cant tell if it took me a season or two to get it, or if they just decided to make hannah gross as fukk and everyone around her psychotic to make the show funny.

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

Skeptic

Superstar
Daps
I kind of liked how Hannah's encounter with the bratty teen made her realize what a little c*nt she had been.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I enjoyed the show I might watch it over starting from the beginning soon