Black

GOAT
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ/FL
Glen Davis Explains Why He Didn't Play This Season
Glen Davis didn’t play in the NBA this season, but don’t call the 30-year-old big man retired.

Because he’s not.

Davis, who has played eight seasons in the NBA and won a championship with Boston in 2008, hasn’t played in an NBA game since May 2015.

There’s a reason for that.

“This is what happened,” the former Clipper said on CBS Sports Radio’s Gio and Jones. “Let me tell you how it happened. Game 6 against the Spurs (last year), go back and look at the tape. I broke my ankle and didn’t know it was broke until September before the season is about to start. So I’m thinking, ‘Oh, I just got to do some rehab with it. Whatever.’ I end up getting the MRI, which, I didn’t get an MRI from the Clippers. They didn’t tell me anything. I thought I was fine. Then I end up getting the MRI right before the season stars and they’re like, ‘Your ankle’s broke.’ I’m a free agent at the time. So I got to get it fixed. Nobody’s going to pick me up with a broken ankle.”

Davis said the Clippers’ training staff did not tell him he had broken his ankle. He felt pain after Game 6 against the Spurs – and went on to play Game 7 and was used sparingly in seven games against Houston in the Western Conference semifinals – but he didn’t think it was anything serious.”

“They told me I was fine,” Davis said of the Clippers’ training staff. “They told me I was okay. They told me, ‘Just get some physical therapy, get it stronger and you’ll be fine. You’ll be okay.’ Okay, my ankle’s broke and now I got to sit and watch everybody play this year.”

Davis, now fully healthy, weighs 335 pounds – about 25 pounds heavier than his normal playing weight. He is, however, working out every day, getting back in playing shape and hopes to sign with a team this offseason.

Gregg Giannotti jokingly asked Davis if he wants Blake Griffin to punch the Clippers’ team doctor in the face.

“Nah,” Davis said, laughing. “I don’t promote violence.”

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
:damn:

Hope he returns to being serviceable again though. He's still staying at 300+ though, damn.

1274779903_glen-big-baby-davis-tongue.gif

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
clippers always had a horrible medicle staff, wouldn't be surprised if that's not the first time they miss on the injury and then clippers player having a series injury later on, the history of clipper playing having injuries is huge over these last few decades.

shyt reminds me when blazers (another horrible medicle staff) when they told oden he can play when he wasn't ready.