SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Hidden Figures is a movie about Black women making a mark for themselves at NASA in relation to the first American man being in space.

The movie features Taraji P Henson, the gorgeous Janelle Monáe, and Octavia Spencer. For Janelle Monae's first acting job, she did a wonderful job!

If you have a black daughter, niece, cousin, grand daughter, etc definitely take them to see this movie! It will boost their self-esteem and show them positive, intelligent examples of black women that aren't known for their bodies.

It's a great movie!

BocaRear

The World Is My Country, To Do Good Is My Religion
Daps
Didnt Russia do it first forreal tho? i think we went up second and the Russians were the first to send a man to space.
Russia had the first man in space but the US had the first man on the moon

Katherine Johnson (Taraji Henson) was part of the NASA Apollo 11 team that calculated the trajectory of the ships flight that got Neil Armstorng n em to the moon :obama:

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
This was a very good movie. Octavia and Taraji had their usual great performances but Janelle surprised me...chick can act. Definitely learned a lot about the unsung that put our "heroes" where they are. Shame stuff like this was not part of standard reading in my old school history books. Had to go and read more about the ladies after the bios at the end...