Going no alcohol is a cheat code brehs.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm in my 40s now but not :flabbynsick: but I will say that as you get older things change with your body.

I've been generally healthy, high testosterone, athletic, eat mostly vegetables and lean meats, minimally processed foods, but I have trouble with my sleep and stress levels.

I'm a night owl and it's nothing to me to go to sleep at 1 - 2 AM. If I have a drink on the weekend this could mean me going to sleep at 3 - 4 AM. I've noticed that since alcohol affects my sleep it also affects my ability to focus on tasks and think deep. I need my brain to do complex tasks and solve stuff so I realize I need to focus on my brain health. I rarely got hangovers when I drank but I would just feel dehydrated and unproductive the next day.

I went down the Huberman rabbit hole and discovered how much of a TOXIN alcohol is and it scared me straight.

I did a brief stint of not drinking for 6 weeks last year and I felt clear minded, less anxious, and focused. So far this year I haven't drinking for 5 weeks and I'll say the pros outweigh the cons. I never regularly drank but I love making a nice well made old fashioned or trying out different mezcals.
Some people will lose a lot of weight when they stop drinking. For me I look a bit leaner and lately I've been noticing my skins been glowing more :myman:

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
Started cutting alcohol out my life once I turned 30. This year I'm going the entire year without it....the first time since 17.

I'm also cutting out caffeine. The cons are outweighing the pros now, I'm 3 days in and getting much better sleep already but I'm sluggish as hell.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So what's the story about this Huberman dude?

Because I saw a video from someone recently (can't remember who because I was just scrolling through Reels on Instagram) but they said Huberman started off doing good content but he's kinda gotten off the rails and started saying some BS or half-truths.

Nabs

Superstar
Daps
Started cutting alcohol out my life once I turned 30. This year I'm going the entire year without it....the first time since 17.

I'm also cutting out caffeine. The cons are outweighing the pros now, I'm 3 days in and getting much better sleep already but I'm sluggish as hell.

It's going to take time to acclimate your body to this, but once you do you'll be thankful.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So what's the story about this Huberman dude?

Because I saw a video from someone recently (can't remember who because I was just scrolling through Reels on Instagram) but they said Huberman started off doing good content but he's kinda gotten off the rails and started saying some BS or half-truths.
Apparently some of his later content is getting off the rocker and venturing into things he doesn't really know much about.

But general health/fitness stuff he's been solid.

Damn how much you nikkaa drink that it is actually impacting your life.
I don't really drink that much honestly. Maybe 2 - 3 times a month but as I've gotten older it's just best to not drink at all.

Last month I had a beer flight with a former colleague (maybe the equivalent of 2 - 3 beers over a few hours) and it made me stay up until 4 AM.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@Remote Huberman talks about supplements for general health and he talked about magnesium and that has also been a game changer for me in terms of my mood and sleep.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Remote Huberman talks about supplements for general health and he talked about magnesium and that has also been a game changer for me in terms of my mood and sleep.
I'll bookmark to watch later. Some guys have questionable opinions on certain things so I just wanted clarification. I don't think someone has to agree with everything a person says. But good information is good information so I'll take a look.

Thanks

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
  • Never drink
  • Never smoked
  • Drug free
Have health issues but you wouldn't know that because the marsupial is 38 going on 18 in Human years:

1b2D.gif