Goodbye World: We’ve Passed the Carbon Tipping Point For Good

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
It’s settled that warming is occurring, yes. As for it being apocalyptic... it’s unclear.

... the accord is great, but if everyones voluntarily doing their part as you point out, what’s the fuss?
this all should really be a “fukk you China” campaign in my opinion.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_carbon_dioxide_emissions
you know better than this. raw numbers don't mean shyt when they have 4x the population. per capita is what matters when you want to compare countries, so click on the sort link by emission per capita and you'll get a more accurate representation of "doing our part."

Fenian

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Govan
It’s settled that warming is occurring, yes. As for it being apocalyptic... it’s unclear.

... the accord is great, but if everyones voluntarily doing their part as you point out, what’s the fuss?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_carbon_dioxide_emissions

More of a fukk you USA campaign. The states has by far the worst carbon emissions per capita in the world, china's total while bad is a product of their enormous population.

Both countries need to do something but it seems america only wants to make thing worse with the current clown in office.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Hurricane season bout to be lit. Just imagine what this year has in store....
Im wondering if this will be the case. It would be the some of the best evidence for anti climate folks to see.

Who am I fukking kidding, those people won't change their mind even if death is staring them in the face. #MAGA

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
you know better than this. raw numbers don't mean shyt when they have 4x the population. per capita is what matters when you want to compare countries, so click on the sort link by emission per capita and you'll get a more accurate representation of "doing our part."

More of a fukk you USA campaign. The states has by far the worst carbon emissions per capita in the world, china's total while bad is a product of their enormous population.

Both countries need to do something but it seems america only wants to make thing worse with the current clown in office.
Per capita is dangerous because chinas pollution is so concentrated that averaging it out over the entire population allows their lack of concern for this “apocalypse” to go unnoticed/unchecked.

10 most polluted cities in China/USA
dNZSkKg.jpg

But we should spread the pollution out over the millions of goat farmers to get a clearer picture... :skip:

Last edited:

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Y’all so quick to point the finger at America and praise/give passes to these communist states:scust:
Being communist places a greater responsibility on their government for corporate pollution than could ever exist in a capitalist society like America...

Trump got y’all turnin anti America

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Im wondering if this will be the case. It would be the some of the best evidence for anti climate folks to see.

Who am I fukking kidding, those people won't change their mind even if death is staring them in the face. #MAGA
IF violent hurricanes become the norm, I wonder how many times we are gonna rebuild islands/communities in harms way... we certainly can’t reverse the climate damage in any reasonable timeframe.
Gonna be an interesting(and sad) conversation if PR/Houston gets wrecked again before recovering from last season.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
IF violent hurricanes become the norm, I wonder how many times we are gonna rebuild islands/communities in harms way... we certainly can’t reverse the climate damage in any reasonable timeframe.
Gonna be an interesting(and sad) conversation if PR/Houston gets wrecked again before recovering from last season.

Which will happen because of the shyt job Trump and FEMA did in the first place.

Y’all so quick to point the finger at America and praise/give passes to these communist states:scust:

I'll praise communist states when they are doing better than the US. AFAIK, they're not. However, I'll still point the finger at the US because we are purposely regressing back to some 1950s type energy policy as if it makes sense. It doesn't.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Being communist places a greater responsibility on their government for corporate pollution than could ever exist in a capitalist society like America...

i'm not giving them a pass, but trying to frame this as a "well look at them, we're doing our part" argument is foolhardy when we clearly aren't doing our part. regardless of how bad they are (and they are bad) you can't claim we're doing our part when if our population was the same as theirs it would have worse results. it's not like china doesn't acknowledge they have a problem and are attempting to do something about it. our present govt thinks shyt is sweet and rely on smart dumb stats like "look at their raw output before you talk about us."

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
It will eventually have to be said that those type of communities are unsustainable long term. The fukkery that would come out of that decision :sadcam:

Snoopy Loops

All Star
Daps
Per capita is dangerous because chinas pollution is so concentrated that averaging it out over the entire population allows their lack of concern for this “apocalypse” to go unnoticed/unchecked.

10 most polluted cities in China/USA
dNZSkKg.jpg

But we should spread the pollution out over the millions of goat farmers to get a clearer picture... :skip:
Particulate matter is different from CO2 emissions breh. US is top 10 in emission per capita a
while China is about 50 something, so its not giving about them passes, so its just about setting the record straight.

China has acknowledged they have a problem and are taking steps while we have congressman talking about pebbles and bringing snowballs as evidence to the contrary.

Last edited:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

:rolleyes:

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY

List of countries by carbon dioxide emissions - Wikipedia
If we wait to confirm if it's apocalyptic, isn't it kinda too late by that point ?

Also isn't this moving the goal post on your part and your ilk. The argument used to it's no real, now you guys say well yeah the Earth is warming but is it apocalyptic. What's next, yeah well there is world wide famine and possible Extinction of humans but let's hold up and see if every human dies before we take any drastic measures.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
If we wait to confirm if it's apocalyptic, isn't it kinda too late by that point ?

Also isn't this moving the goal post on your part and your ilk. The argument used to it's no real, now you guys say well yeah the Earth is warming but is it apocalyptic. What's next, yeah well there is world wide famine and possible Extinction of humans but let's hold up and see if every human dies before we take any drastic measures.
Was never part of the “it isn’t happening crowd” , I was and still am in the middle where it’s much worse than deniers claim but not as world ending as the other end claims... and I wasn’t prepared to throw billions at the problem without knowing it’d have a meaningful effect... so I supported the Paris agreement pullout.