Got More Picks Than Jameis:Miami Dolphins 2020 Off-season Thread (We Fukking got TUA!)

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Round 1 Dolphins Picks
1 The Dolphins have #5, #18 and #26 in the first round
2 2 (Own, New Orleans)
3 1 (Own)
4 1 (Comp Pick, Ja’Wuan James)
5 3 (Pittsburgh, Projected Comp Pick – Cam Wake, Aqib Talib)
6 3 (Kenyan Drake trade, Dallas, Indianapolis (Evan Boehm pick swap))
7 1 (Jordan Lucas trade)
Total 15
Projected Top 50 4
Projected Top 100 6

Miami’s new DC is Josh Boyer who was on staff last year. Their new offensive line coach is Steve Marshall who is 63 years old and was an assistant under Todd Bowles in New York. Austin Clark, a college coach at Illinois will coach the outside linebackers, while an assistant coach from West Virginia, Robby Brown, will replace Jerry Schupinski as the team’s quarterback coach.

@Samson @Remote @intruder v6.1
@madness @Da_Eggman

@Ari Gold Bawse
@Amare's Right Hook
@Black Bolt

@Stepintoaworld

@Meh @Sauce Dab

@number21
@Sohh_lifted
@JayStarwind
@Gator48
@supertrekker

@Alexander The Great @SoulController @Ain't That Something @mcellas @Freddie.Cane @d o L o b @He Who Posts Well @Alpha Dog

Miami Dolphins 2020 Opponents
Table inside Article
Home Away
Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills
New England Patriots New England Patriots
New York Jets New York Jets
Cincinnati Bengals Jacksonville Jaguars
Kansas City Chiefs Denver Broncos
LA Chargers Las Vegas Raiders
LA Rams Arizona Cardinals
Seattle Seahawks San Francisco 49ers

Last edited:

broller

Veteran
Daps
Speaking of Jameis, if y'all dont get a QB in the draft you should sign him.

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Lots of chatter here (Detroit) about Miami being a potential trade partner for Tua. Is there any local talk about you guys trading up to #3 for him? I'm assuming Chase Young will be gone at 2, so I'm fine with trading our pick. However I don't buy the idea that Miami will give up two 1st round picks to move to 3.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Lots of chatter here (Detroit) about Miami being a potential trade partner for Tua. Is there any local talk about you guys trading up to #3 for him? I'm assuming Chase Young will be gone at 2, so I'm fine with trading our pick. However I don't buy the idea that Miami will give up two 1st round picks to move to 3.

Miami may have to trade up to 3 or 4 to take Tua or Herbert as I could see another QB needy team or two trading up. Even if it doesn’t end up happening, I could see them being paranoid it and Detroit/New York throwing out false rumors to make the trade happen.

That last win of the season against the Patriots came at a cost.

Last edited:
  • Dap

Da_Eggman

Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
No way we doing that

• Dap

Da_Eggman

Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Miami is expected to have nearly $94 million cap space and while they don’t need it, they certainly will entertain options to create more.

Reshad Jones is a question heading into the 2020 season. He is currently scheduled to make $15.6 million. Releasing Jones will cost the Dolphins $8 million in dead money but they will offset that with a $7.5 cap saving. Jones is going to be the hot button topic as March approaches. He could redo his contract and add another year or two or the Dolphins could outright release him and take the hit.

Albert Wilson is another name that continues to pop up when discussing players being released. Wilson is scheduled to make $10.8 million. Releasing him saves $9.5 million and Miami will only carry $1.3 million in dead money.

These are the two players that are more likely to be released than any others. Players like Daniel Kilgore will cost the Dolphins nothing if released and will save $3.6 million on the cap. Another name to watch is Charles Harris who did himself no favors in 2019. He will add to the Dolphins dead cap amount if released. Harris will cost Miami $3.1 million and save them only $291,000.

Harris should be gone, the Dolphins can afford to eat his salary instead of paying him $3.4 million to sit around.

Regardless of what Miami’s off-season plans are, they have the money to do whatever they want and they have the means to create more if they wish. Chris Grier has said that they will be aggressive this off-season but they also need to be smart, if not, they will be creating more dead cap space down the road.

• Dap

Samson

Wholesome Black Man
Daps
Reppin
Haitian Gang
Why is it taking so long to finalize Chan Gailey as our OC?

The only trade we should be doing is back for more picks. I would stay at 5. This trading up talk feels like a smokescreen. Tua's medical history is still a red flag. I doubt teams will give up what would be necessary for an oft-injured QB. Detroit does scare me if they move Stafford.

Free agency is so damn important. Locked on Dolphins did a position review this week. Very informative.
I do think they stay with Davis at RT. Draft a LT with one of our 1st.
We got to draft a Center early, 2nd round. Nothing in free agency.
Joe Thuney is the obvious link to us, LG. Sign and draft low for RG, hope some develops.

Our receiving core is solid. Restructure Wilson, and draft a TE low or make a play for David Njoku. There's rumors coming out of Cleveland about him.
Running backs needs to be reworked.

Defense: just get run stuffers and edge rushers. They can work and develop anybody in that secondary.

Fitz maintain his level of play with offensive and defensive changes, good shape.