j8M2-Y.gif
T2-Helicopter-Overpass.gif

c2XuzEL.gif

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Too many cut scenes. They dont let a scene breathe. They, albiet with reason, treat scenes like instagram or tiktok reels.

To be honest very few American movies catch my attention. So i dont even know many good movies in the past five yrs.

I look for movies from other countries like spain, argentina, mexico, germany, japan.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
The game is fukked up

Its mad tv shows i didnt know exsited with huge stars. Its like they dont make moviess no more. Its like one or 2 season tv shows these former huge stars are doing now. Nicole kidman got like 4 tv shows

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
is there a thread for lowkey hidden gems? Things like Poor things or Mad God? shyt I gotta search for foreign piff too

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South

Things are dire. The movie industry is in a dark place. I've enjoyed the films this year overall though and been to the movies more this year than any time in my adult life. But creatively it's in a rut. Especially blockbuster wise.

TV has become flabby too compared to where it was 7-10 years ago.

@re'up saltburn is Amazon

I recommend everyone watch this, long but informative.

I do feel that social media and “over sensitivity” plays a role too but its mostly reflected in the PG-13 rated movies

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don’t know breh….

There’s been over 200 movies this year and only 3 been Marvel movies

(Since you named Marvel)

Also, they do a lot of movies it’s just y’all don’t go see them or support them

Why ain’t yall go see Jawan?
This needs to be reposted every time this or a similar thread is made.

You would think Marvel released 100s of movies and shows per year the way people fret about them specifically.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
He did.

The death of DVDs was what did it. I started collecting physical 4k and Blu Ray movies over the summer.

Can't trust these business to make consumer friendly decisions. They don't want you owning physical copies of anything, so I'll cop as many 4Ks as possible. Sad state of affairs for those who love the artform.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
This needs to be reposted every time this or a similar thread is made.

You would think Marvel released 100s of movies and shows per year the way people fret about them specifically.

Yes and allow posted what’s currently in theater right now too

Napoleon
Wish
Hunger Games
Next Goal Wins
Saltburn
Thanksgiving
Trolls Band Together
The Holdovers
The Marvels
Five Nights at Freddy’s
Priscilla
Tiger 3
Journey to Bethlehem
Radical
Killers of the Flower Moon
Mandalavaaram

And its crazy no one really checking for those like that

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Yes and allow posted what’s currently in theater right now too

Napoleon
Wish
Hunger Games
Next Goal Wins
Saltburn
Thanksgiving
Trolls Band Together
The Holdovers
The Marvels
Five Nights at Freddy’s
Priscilla
Tiger 3
Journey to Bethlehem
Radical
Killers of the Flower Moon
Mandalavaaram

And its crazy no one really checking for those like that

Be honest with this fake concern post. The last movie you noted is an Indian thriller that is most likely not playing in a cinema near most folks, and has had little to no marketing put into it here in the states. I saw Killers and it's good. Saltburn looks interesting as well. Napoleon coming out now is kind of an odd choice given that in our current social climate, there's no way people would react well to him and his history. The project would've probably worked better as a mini-series too. Most of the other things you noted are average.

I'll say this tho...it's good that there are choices for people to see if they do go to the cinema, that's important to keeping it alive. However, on thing isn't the sole reason for the shape of modern cinema, but a myriad of reasons including the prevalence of these comic book universes.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Be honest with this fake concern post. The last movie you noted is an Indian thriller that is most likely not playing in a cinema near most folks, and has had little to no marketing put into it here in the states. I saw Killers and it's good. Saltburn looks interesting as well. Napoleon coming out now is kind of an odd choice given that in our current social climate, there's no way people would react well to him and his history. The project would've probably worked better as a mini-series too. Most of the other things you noted are average.

I'll say this tho...it's good that there are choices for people to see if they do go to the cinema, that's important to keeping it alive. However, on thing isn't the sole reason for the shape of modern cinema, but a myriad of reasons including the prevalence of these comic book universes.

I think the some of the complaints themselves are fake.

CBM aren’t ruining anything. People options, they just choose not to use them

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
my gripe is society's social agenda being forced down the throats of the viewers. gets in the way of good story telling.
This has ruined many franchises and films.

shonuff

Pro
Daps
Taika Waititi ‘Had No Interest’ in Directing a Marvel Movie, Took ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Because He Was ‘Poor’ and It Was ‘A Great Opportunity to Feed’ His Kids
... “You know what? I had no interest in doing one of those films,” Waititi said. “It wasn’t on my plan for my career as an auteur. But I was poor and I’d just had a second child, and I thought, ‘You know what, this would be a great opportunity to feed these children.'”

“And ‘Thor,’ let’s face it — it was probably the least popular franchise,” he continued. “I never read ‘Thor’ comics as a kid. That was the comic I’d pick up and be like ‘Ugh.’ And then I did some research on it, and I read one ‘Thor’ comic or 18 pages, or however long they are. I was still baffled by this character.”

When asked if Marvel executives were scared to bring him in, Waititi answered: “I think there was no place left for them to go with that. I thought, ‘Well, they’ve called me in, this is really the bottom of the barrel.”

“Thor: Ragnarok” ended up earning critical acclaim and $853 million at the worldwide box office. “Love and Thunder” topped out at a still-strong $760 million worldwide. Waititi recently told Business Insider that he will most likely not return to direct another “Thor” movie because his slate is booked for the next six or so years.

“Thor: Love and Thunder” turned off some Marvel fans with its goofy humor. Hemsworth told GQ that the crew “had too much fun” making the movie and “it just became too silly.”

In the “‘Thor: Love and Thunder’ The Official Movie Special” book, Waititi teased what he would do with a potential fifth “Thor” movie.

“What is left to do to him? It’s got to be something that feels like it’s carrying on with the evolution of the character, but still in a very fun way and still giving him things to come up against that feel like they’re building on the obstacles that he has to overcome,” Waititi said. “I don’t think we can have a villain that’s weaker than Hela. I feel like we need to step up from there and add a villain that’s somehow more formidable.”

this is an article on Waititi - and i only bring him up because he is exactly primarily one of the reasons Marvel movies have kinda sucked- he is emblematic of why the weaker marvel phase one movies also didnt work ( the Hulk and lesser so Thor ) both were courted as directors who were known for being directors but not really fans of the comic book form at all - they could do a good drama or maybe thriller but a comic books movie? they werent that good.

and just an aside - Waititi did have a villain that was MUCH better than Hela- Gor who was the villain in Love and Thunder was that villain but they turned him into a mustache twirling Voldemort...

dont believe me ? hthis is a fukking MOTION COMIC of one of Thors best storylines in the last 20 years - even as a guy reading a comic to you showing you panes its a 100 x better than what Waititi did ... AND clearly the villain is a villain unlike the movie we got

unlike Favreau who did Iron Man- and he stated in many an interview - he loved that comic and that character.

Marvel seemingly seems hell bent on getting people to make these movies that either dont care about the genre or just dont understand it and it shows in the products they make. Its like expecting someone who doesnt like to cook and was never intrested in cooking to cook you a meal that youll like. You might get someone who will make something palatable or maybe even good.... but you wont ever get the meal that someone who likes to cook can make you and those meals are memorable.

someone already posted the Patrick Willems video essay which is high recommend ....