GSW HOFers Since 2015, Over/Under 3.5

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
I'd say four. Draymond has an olympic medal, key to the success of a dynasty that won three titles in five years. Arguably the 2nd best player on a 73 win team. Has a DPOY. Should be remembered as one of the better defenders of his time. Had a good college career. Who knows what he adds to that once the Warriors regroup in the future.

But don’t you agree that those accolades are tied to playing with all-time great players? The question for me was how does he look without those great players. The resounding answer is that he looks very very average. You think him playing above average defense warrants being a HOFer?

A lot of the writers love Draymond so I think he ends up getting in even though I don't think personally that he's a HOF.

Basketball HoF has pretty low standards. I'll take the over :manny:

Klay Dray Steph KD all are in. Over

Dray getting in, this basketball HOF lets anyone in.

I know the basketball HOF has low standards but you don’t think voters are going to look at him for what he’s doing this year and come away with the conclusion that he’s just not a HOFer. He’s averaging a double in no category. Like Charles said, he’s got a triple single. THAT’S a HOFer??

Last edited:

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
But don’t you agree that those accolades are tied to playing with all-time great players? The question for me was how does he look without those great players. The resounding answer is that he looks very very average. You think him playing above average defense warrants being a HOFer?

well...if you think Draymond is just an above average defender then there's no convincing you of his HOF candidacy. The people who will vote for Draymond will remember him as one of the better defenders of the era and for what he contributed to the greatest team of the era. The usual lasting impression from the Warriors is that they changed the way teams approach perimeter shooting. But teams also tried to mimic the Warriors approach to small ball lineups and Draymond was key to that. The adjustment made by Kerr to swing the 2015 Finals wasn't just to start Iggy, but to put Draymond at center.

The voters probably won't care about him looking average without stars around him when they never thought he could carry a team as a #1 option to begin with. He is valued for his ability to contribute star level value to a team that is already good, and then in the postseason tends raise his level of play even higher.

Draymond's best season was before KD, with Thompson and Curry. 73 win season. Makes 2nd team All NBA. I see one all time great player there, and Draymond does a lot to help Curry thrive on the court. It's pretty much forgotten what he did when Curry was injured vs Houston and Portland. No all time great players on the court. He and Thompson co-anchoring a playoff team, thriving.

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
well...if you think Draymond is just an above average defender then there's no convincing you of his HOF candidacy. The people who will vote for Draymond will remember him as one of the better defenders of the era and for what he contributed to the greatest team of the era. The usual lasting impression from the Warriors is that they changed the way teams approach perimeter shooting. But teams also tried to mimic the Warriors approach to small ball lineups and Draymond was key to that. The adjustment made by Kerr to swing the 2015 Finals wasn't just to start Iggy, but to put Draymond at center.

The voters probably won't care about him looking average without stars around him when they never thought he could carry a team as a #1 option to begin with. He is valued for his ability to contribute star level value to a team that is already good, and then in the postseason tends raise his level of play even higher.

Draymond's best season was before KD, with Thompson and Curry. 73 win season. Makes 2nd team All NBA. I see one all time great player there, and Draymond does a lot to help Curry thrive on the court. It's pretty much forgotten what he did when Curry was injured vs Houston and Portland. No all time great players on the court. He and Thompson co-anchoring a playoff team, thriving.
THIS would be the argument to support his HOF candidacy. And for the most part, I don’t disagree with your assessment. It just doesn’t amount to a HOF career imo. I’m not persuaded he should be in the HOF next to legit greats like Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, and Tim Duncan. Draymond has been the perfect fit for GSW because the superstar talent he’s had the opportunity to play with compliments what he does well: play good team defense and facilitate team offense that gets the ball in the hands of these amazing shooters/scorers. I won’t argue that he hasn’t had great moments and stretches of great play. I won’t argue that he wasn’t a huge contributor to GSW’s team success either. When it’s all said and done, though, I can’t in good conscience say that he’s HOF-worthy especially when he’s putting up the dud that is this season. He’s in his prime and just playing ok. When MJ retired the first time Scottie stepped up and still had the Bulls in position. That’s simplifying Draymond’s situation but can’t nobody look at what he’s doing and tell me oh yeah he still looks like anything resembling a great player let alone a HOFer. That shyt matters. He’s only 29.

Last edited:

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
THIS would be the argument to support his HOF candidacy. And for the most part, I don’t disagree with your assessment. It just doesn’t amount to a HOF career imo. I’m not persuaded he should be in the HOF next to legit greats like Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, and Tim Duncan. Draymond has been the perfect fit for GSW because the superstar talent he’s had the opportunity to play with compliments what he does well: play good team defense and facilitate team offense that gets the ball in the hands of these amazing shooters/scorers. I won’t argue that he hasn’t had great moments and stretches of great play. I won’t argue that he wasn’t a huge contributor to GSW’s team success either. When it’s all said and done, though, I can’t in good conscience say that he’s HOF-worthy especially when he’s putting up the dud that is this season. He’s in his prime and just playing ok. When MJ retired the first time Scottie stepped up and still had the Bulls in position. That’s simplifying Draymond’s situation but can’t nobody look at what he’s doing and tell me oh yeah he still looks like a HOFer. That shyt matters. He’s only 29.

If the basketball HOF were more selective then I'd agree on some level. No he doesn't belong in the same universe with top 30 players of all time. But by their own standards Draymond deserves to be in there for what he contributed to a team that was at the center of league attention for five seasons, as well as his college career and olympic gold medal.

It is very true that he has benefited from being in a circumstance that accentuates his abilities. and he is fortunate to not be playing for an obscure team that the media doesn't care about. But being in the right place at the right time is part of being successful in the league, and to his credit he did seize the opportunity and then some.

I think if Green were not so damn good for Golden State in those dynastic years then his case would be much weaker. Was hard to watch that team and not recognize his presence on the court. Especially in the playoffs. A lot of coaches, GM's, NBA writers have very high respect for him and they do a lot to dictate narratives of player careers. More so than fans who are generally low on him.

He is just 29. So I think he has some time to add more to his legacy as one of the best support players in league history.

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps

I know the basketball HOF has low standards but you don’t think voters are going to look at him for what he’s doing this year and come away with the conclusion that he’s just not a HOFer. He’s averaging a double in no category. Like Charles said, he’s got a triple single. THAT’S a HOFer??

I see your point but its still a Yes.

He was too good in college. National Player of the year and had his # retired at MSU. Olympic gold medalist, all star, multiple NBA championships as a key player, DPOY. Household name.

Hes getting in.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
If Draymond makes another couple of All NBA Defensive teams he is definitely getting in the Hall eventually.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
What do you make of this season since he hasn’t been surrounded by superstars? This year, he’s averaging 8.5 points, 6.4 boards, and 6.2 assists. As The MAN! That’s a HOFer to you?

This is a stop gap season, they're reloading. His shot is busted but he's doing the other thing that he's been known for. Pushing the ball in the open court, setting sneaky screens and keeping the culture of the team up even through the losses.

There's a reason that Curry is sitting, because they know they're winning a chip at this moment. When Klay comes back and they're all playing with D-Lo, their draft pick you're going to see Draymond be Draymond.