Harrison Barnes with another 30+ point game!

SuaveHooper88

Banned
WOAT
Daps
im not really that surprised despite how bad he was last year.

im looking forward to tonights game, but does it really start at 11:30 eastern ? :why:
He didn't play bad last year.. he only played bad in the playoffs.

You're a casual being brainwashed by the media. He only played bad in the playoffs, mainly in the finals.

During the regular season last year he was solid and consistent and was beast defensively. He even would take over games at time last season. Did you only watch the playoffs last year?

SuaveHooper88

Banned
WOAT
Daps
Maybe @SuaveHooper88 was right, brehs...about everything...

Clearly common sense and traditional logic no longer applies to this world

Who the fukk knows

Common sense would be to agree with me though, I am literally speaking common sense when it comes to basketball.

Its the casuals that make outlandish statements literally based on nothing except what they have heard from the media

If you understand basketball, and are NOT a casual fan then everything I am saying is common sense.

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He didn't play bad last year.. he only played bad in the playoffs.

You're a casual being brainwashed by the media. He only played bad in the playoffs, mainly in the finals.

During the regular season last year he was solid and consistent and was beast defensively. He even would take over games at time last season. Did you only watch the playoffs last year?

stfu :what:

gotdamn youre annoying

WhatsGoodTy

Ya feel me
Daps
He was the second option with Mark Jackson and would destroy muthafukkas in the post i remember that Denver Series he went to work

That's what people seem to forget he was the og "big 3" then the offense changed so he had to be more of a set shooter

Robbo

All Star
Daps
He was the second option with Mark Jackson and would destroy muthafukkas in the post i remember that Denver Series he went to work

In his first couple of playoff years he came alive and was dependable. Warrior fans were counting on "playoff Barnes" showing up and providing that extra dependability on offense. He showed it sparingly, like in the clinching game against Houston in the WCF. But he also regressed, and not due to his role. He was just not fluid or decisive. Any shortcomings he had as a player were on him. He was a very useful player, he just wasn't dependable on offense anymore. When HB isn't out there thinking, he's a great scorer.

JetLife

/ SOHH /
Daps
Reppin
Golden State
He always wanted to be like Kobe, but Golden State never had a consistent vision for him since he was always the 4th/5th/6th priority on the team.

1st year - he was an offball slasher that was posterizing the shyt out of people on weakside cuts. Remember the "Harrison caught another body" threads?

2nd year - he shifted into the Mjax subs "hockey line rotation" that just fell flat on it's face. The weird combo of Bazemore at point guard, Barnes, Draymond, Speights and then throw in Jermaine Oneal, Jordan Crawford, Toney Douglas at times and it just never came together.

3rd year - they asked him to bulk up and play the small ball four and hit corner 3's

4th year - they asked him to sign a discounted offer and be the small forward version of Danny Green and put 95% effort into defense and hit 40%+ on 3's on low FGAs. He obviously saw himself differently ....

He's finally getting the minutes and FGA's to see if he can really do it at the NBA level. His game is literally a Kobe copy right now working off 18 foot face ups, mid post backdowns, and that pump fake-up-and-under layup. He even added the Kobe arm sleeve.

He actually kept bugging Jerry West to work with him on these moves and he finally got that work in 2015. He's just now getting a chance to try out the stuff Jerry taught him.

Jerry West helped revive Harrison Barnes with Kobe Bryant-esque treatment

And of course, none of this is brand new, he was wearing Kobe's kicks on a Brand Jordan UNC team, even though Mike said "I don't care if your feet kill you, you better wear them Jordans" :mjgrin:

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
Are we seriously going to start pretending Harrison Barnes is great now? Jeremy Lin is having an even better season. He still isn't the next Nash.

Robbo

All Star
Daps
He always wanted to be like Kobe, but Golden State never had a consistent vision for him since he was always the 4th/5th/6th priority on the team.

1st year - he was an offball slasher that was posterizing the shyt out of people on weakside cuts. Remember the "Harrison caught another body" threads?

2nd year - he shifted into the Mjax subs "hockey line rotation" that just fell flat on it's face. The weird combo of Bazemore at point guard, Barnes, Draymond, Speights and then throw in Jermaine Oneal, Jordan Crawford, Toney Douglas at times and it just never came together.

3rd year - they asked him to bulk up and play the small ball four and hit corner 3's

4th year - they asked him to sign a discounted offer and be the small forward version of Danny Green and put 95% effort into defense and hit 40%+ on 3's on low FGAs. He obviously saw himself differently ....

He's finally getting the minutes and FGA's to see if he can really do it at the NBA level. His game is literally a Kobe copy right now working off 18 foot face ups, mid post backdowns, and that pump fake-up-and-under layup. He even added the Kobe arm sleeve.

Not exactly how it went down. Barnes was given the opportunity to be more than a 3 point shooter. This team was always lacking a post scorer, and if he showed any effectiveness in that area, he would have been utilized there. Barnes always looked mechanical out there. Maybe it was the offense, and it had him thinking too much, but his issues were not because of how the Warriors used him.

I thought he'd have a breakthrough after those first couple of playoff years, and even after the championship year. His mid range was money, but last year it just wasn't there. Maybe the new start is good for him, i'd like to see him succeed.

SuaveHooper88

Banned
WOAT
Daps
you talk like an MMO guild master or guild officer...

i mean people do jump the gun... but chill breh... like harden.. i expect a downslide if they start winning as teams will shut him down to win games.. and when he comes out of THAT slump.. thats when we call him a star in the making.

(obvious few more 30ppg will earn it too)
An mmo guild master?

A guild officer?

I have no idea WTF youre talking about:deadmanny:

MillionMills

Superstar
Daps
hes pretty much the sole reason the warriors lost last year :bryan: kept feeding him open shots for him to miss only to for cavs to score on them :heh:

if he woulda hit even just like 4-5 shots, the warriors woulda won..
Bullshyt. Warriors were 2 minutes away from winning before lebron got the block of history, kyrie showed up the golden boy and kevin love locked down steph. Has shyt to do with barnes

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Bullshyt. Warriors were 2 minutes away from winning before lebron got the block of history, kyrie showed up the golden boy and kevin love locked down steph. Has shyt to do with barnes

:jbhmm: think the series was decided in game 7 when the warriors were up 3-1 brehs

multiple close games before game 7, where if Barnes hits LITERALLY a shot or two in those games, they win.