Has Nick Saban Changed The Way Colleges Treat Head Football Coaches?

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
He's a blowhard racist troll. :yeshrug:
Dapping you just for giving credit to Mike and Mike. Other than Bomani and Lebatard they are the best, most logical, least racist and most credible people on ESPN, maybe in the whole sports media. People just see 2 plain white dudes and assume they are corny. Naw, everyone else is much cornier...

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
That's exactly it. I don't think it takes away from his coaching acumen though.

Do you not realize RECRUITING is a major factor in being a great college coach.

That is a reason Saban is who he is....

If he cant get those 5* to MSU then thats on him, it's not an excuse it's a REASON he isn't on the highest level.

Like I said he is STILL an excellent coach though.

Carlos Huerta

Just keep my rep red
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you not realize RECRUITING is a major factor in being a great college coach.

That is a reason Saban is who he is....

If he cant get those 5* to MSU then thats on him, it's not an excuse it's a REASON he isn't on the highest level.

Like I said he is STILL an excellent coach though.
I'm talking stricly X's and O's

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
he's had plenty of time to get 5 star recruits...thats on him...maybe michigan state just isn't a premier school in its recruiting area though :smugfavre:

Random side note, but I know ONE thing....East Lansing ain't for play. My nephew plays for Michigan State and said he's been held up on campus before, and that most players have to hang with local cats for "protection" (you know how that go).

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Dapping you just for giving credit to Mike and Mike. Other than Bomani and Lebatard they are the best, most logical, least racist and most credible people on ESPN, maybe in the whole sports media. People just see 2 plain white dudes and assume they are corny. Naw, everyone else is much cornier...
This is so true.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I think it has to do with college fans being the most irrational fanbase in america...and the fact that losing one game could be the end of your championship season...and specifically in the SEC all but maybe vanderbilt and kentucky actually think they can win a NC...

Go to a south carolina gameboard after the game the entire time ol ball coach was there and you will see the majority of people calling for his head...even though he is far and away the best coach they ever had and will ever had and built that program on the backs of players that lsu georgia florida and bama didn't want...

Now the Mark Richt firing I can understand because this guy just always found the most random ways to lose games...

Les is more :jbhmm: to me because he is a fantastic recruiter...I think in all of college football only Saban and Meyer are above him...he just can't get a QB worth a shyt and he can't get an offensive coordinator with a shyt...

And on the other hand this has been a problem going on forever and he still hasn't fixed it yet...

Mettenburger being the best QB to come through their in a decade is a little :jbhmm: for the amount of talent lsu has access to...

Bishop_BP_Jakes

Prophesying on your CD's and tapes
Daps
Reppin
3-3-6 Mafia
I think any coach in the history of college football that goes INTO a job with a national title already on his belt...in that CONFERENCE... and subsequently wins the conference and ANOTHER national title...would get coach for life* status.

Regarding Les, they realized that he is better than the pool out there, I think it's as simple as that. And that he could simple fire coordinators and reload like other coaches with tenure do.

This shyt is nothing new and it ain't influenced by saban.
But how many times is he gonna change offensive coordinators and still not recruit/develope a good qb? He gets elite guys at every other position and he still does that 3 yds and a cloud of dust shyt. Yes it'll get you W's against overmatched teams and thats fine. But to get out the SEC West, you gotta beat Bama and you're not gonna do it on the ground for 60 minutes. If he's not gonna change his philosophy on O, then i'd have canned his ass too.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
I think it has to do with college fans being the most irrational fanbase in america...and the fact that losing one game could be the end of your championship season...and specifically in the SEC all but maybe vanderbilt and kentucky actually think they can win a NC...

Go to a south carolina gameboard after the game the entire time ol ball coach was there and you will see the majority of people calling for his head...even though he is far and away the best coach they ever had and will ever had and built that program on the backs of players that lsu georgia florida and bama didn't want...

Now the Mark Richt firing I can understand because this guy just always found the most random ways to lose games...

Les is more :jbhmm: to me because he is a fantastic recruiter...I think in all of college football only Saban and Meyer are above him...he just can't get a QB worth a shyt and he can't get an offensive coordinator with a shyt...

And on the other hand this has been a problem going on forever and he still hasn't fixed it yet...

Mettenburger being the best QB to come through their in a decade is a little :jbhmm: for the amount of talent lsu has access to...
lsu and georiga have had 1 good quarterback combined since jamarcus russell graduated :dahell:

Richard Wright

Living Legend
Daps

Ryan periloux was supposed to change that :mjcry:

Y'all remember him ?

:mjcry:

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Head coach at Texas is still the best job in college football
why

how is it better than notre dame, michigan, ohio state, alabama?

and don't say money because any $ above what they have is honestly irrelevant
and don't say recruiting base because they recruit nationally incredibly well and everyone recruits texas
and don't say history because they have MORE history than texas

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Head coach at Texas is still the best job in college football

why

how is it better than notre dame, michigan, ohio state, alabama?

and don't say money because any $ above what they have is honestly irrelevant
and don't say recruiting base because they recruit nationally incredibly well and everyone recruits texas
and don't say history because they have MORE history than texas

Yeah, you wanna answer that, @swyyyguy ? I'm also curious....