HBCU excellence; Southern Jaguars baseball

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
For y’all who don’t know, Southern is the most prestigious HBCU baseball program of all time. They’re right up there with some of the white schools tradition & history wise.

If any of y’all follow baseball & remember Rickie Weeks, he played in the MLB in the mid 2000s till a few years ago, and he went to SU & was drafted #2 overall in the MLB draft in 05 I believe. I don’t think any other HBCU has ever had a player drafted that high in any pro sports draft.

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
For y’all who don’t know, Southern is the most prestigious HBCU baseball program of all time. They’re right up there with some of the white schools tradition & history wise.

If any of y’all follow baseball & remember Rickie Weeks, he played in the MLB in the mid 2000s till a few years ago, and he went to SU & was drafted #2 overall in the MLB draft in 05 I believe. I don’t think any other HBCU has ever had a player drafted that high in any pro sports draft.
My childhood QB (Mike Woods) was a beast at Southern too

The SU Jaguars received major national attention in 2001, as Michael Woods was taken in the first round, as a compensation pick, setting the stage for an unheralded freshman, named Rickie Weeks.
Roger Cador Biography

...o3

...eye see messages in music
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
dallas, tx
...hey is it my laptop or is the post tab going through some things right now?

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps

He only beat out McNair who was drafted 3rd in the NFL draft from Alcorn breh. LOL