staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Why do you think that?
Jerry Rice
Shannon Sharpe
two excellent atletes from HBCUs, there are more I know I'm forgetting but lets have a little perspective.

Because he almost won the heisman, & he should have honesty.

Idk if any other player from a 1-AA school, let alone a HBCU was ever invited to NY for the heisman ceremony

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Because he almost won the heisman, & he should have honesty.

Idk if any other player from a 1-AA school, let alone a HBCU was ever invited to NY for the heisman ceremony

No disrespect to both of them but

I'm not knocking Steve.

I"m just saying we don't have to narrow it down to just one.
we have so many HBCU graduates that are great or all time great, we don't have to say this is the best HBCU player and etc.

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
For y’all who don’t know, Southern is the most prestigious HBCU baseball program of all time. They’re right up there with some of the white schools tradition & history wise.

If any of y’all follow baseball & remember Rickie Weeks, he played in the MLB in the mid 2000s till a few years ago, and he went to SU & was drafted #2 overall in the MLB draft in 05 I believe. I don’t think any other HBCU has ever had a player drafted that high in any pro sports draft.

Weeks was that dude at SU. That SU Baseball squad in 2003 was the best. Seed 3 in the regional and beat Southern Miss in the first game. Remember when LSU came down to Southern in 04, that shyt was packed. You had fans on the bridge watching the game.