Homelessness hits its highest reported level as rents soar and pandemic aid lapses, U.S. says

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Its always been that way american govt dont care. Unless the politicians get their kickbacks they dont give af about homeless americans but they got a billion dollar check for israel to blow up schools with our tax dollars tho :sas2: priorities outta wack but when you want to hold bytch ass biden and the dems accountable they call you maga :beli: but its literally #bothsides

The Government does whatever it wants, whenever it wants. But make sure you get out and vote though :mjgrin:

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
:camby: Nah, nikka. All them countries cool. Israel is using that $ to murder innocent children, breh. Fukk Ukraine, too. If nikkas interacted with any Ukrainians, you’d be saying the same shyt, too.

I'm reinforcing your point. I have no issue with the non cac countries getting aid. However why is Israel getting 3 billion in aid and they have a GDP of 488 billion? That doesn't make any damn sense.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
The real crux is that people expected those programs to last forever and spent that new money like they were truly in a higher tax bracket and didn't save. Funemployment, child tax credits, ppp fraud, WFH, 2020-2021 was a great time to make that climb.

Now, it's all over and now people are claiming poverty.

Smh.
The grift ended and folks are broke. Who knew? Folks went years without paying rent now can’t pay it back and got evicted? Hope they enjoy them streets in the winter

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
I feel bad for that homeless stat

but America doesn't care, they're too busy sending billions to Ukraine and Israel

Its a global problem. Just from this thread people have pointed out that aside from these homeless people, theres people crashing on couches or other peoples houses, there's people in cheap motel rooms, Still living with their parents because they can't live alone, there's people sleeping in cars. Then the number goes way up. This problem is especially huge in peoples twenties before established. Prices of houses and conversely rent is so high... I look at birds building nests and think these motherfukkers so lucky. Put together this thing for a few days and you got a nest. A human gotta pay a 30 year mortgage just for a nest. All the people who Ive seen bounce around in their twenties with no stable place to stay. The one thing they value more than anything later on, Is just having a place to call home for a long time

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So 350 million people in America and only 650000 homeless.. not bad
The bad part is that there is more than enough resources to fix it, but the nation does not do so.

We shouldn't have tent city slums like this is Rio with favellas or Kenya with kibera.

I agree with you @Charlie Hustle and @Fresh , Its kinda embarrasing that half that 50billion in foreign aid wouldve been enough to give each domestic homless person $40,000 in aid. More than enought cover rent , treatment, and job training for all 600,000 of the homeless. We really like to pretend like this is some big unsightly problem, but it really isnt.

B b b bu but STEM will help you escape poverty
It will help, but its a long grind to make it work.

If you were at the bottom and struggling before stem, you will still be struggling at the bottom for 3- 5 years while training yourself in it, before you ever reap any rewards. Even if you ignore the 4yr college route and do certs, no one ever tells the new cert brehs that they will have to spend years in a dead end help desk job before they can get the Admin or net engineer, or achitect role that will lift them up.

Its actually kinda hilarious that Almost half of the IT thread posts in Higher learning are about "how do i get out of help desk?" :mjlol:

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
The bad part is that there is more than enough resources to fix it, but the nation does not do so.

We shouldn't have tent city slums like this is Rio with favellas or Kenya with kibera.

I agree with you @Charlie Hustle and @Fresh , Its kinda embarrasing that half that 50billion in foreign aid wouldve been enough to give each domestic homless person $40,000 in aid. More than enought cover rent , treatment, and job training for all 600,000 of the homeless. We really like to pretend like this is some big unsightly problem, but it really isnt.

It will help, but its a long grind to make it work.

If you were at the bottom and struggling before stem, you will still be struggling at the bottom for 3- 5 years while training yourself in it, before you ever reap any rewards. Even if you ignore the 4yr college route and do certs, no one ever tells the new cert brehs that they will have to spend years in a dead end help desk job before they can get the Admin or net engineer, or achitect role that will lift them up.

Its actually kinda hilarious that Almost half of the IT thread posts in Higher learning are about "how do i get out of help desk?" :mjlol:

Help desk people are always miserable and seem to want to do the bare minimum too. I’m not a IT guy but I build computers and other tech as a hobby and I always have to end up walking them through what they need to do to help me.