‘House of Ninjas’ - Netflix Series [Discussion Thread] ((Lands On Netflix's Top 10 Most-Watched TV shows List))

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Watched the 1st episode. Has a very weird opening and a lighter tone than I was expecting. Almost more of a comedic family drama, but when there was ninjutsu action it was solid. Need to see more to really judge though. Also really wasn't feeling their use of music.

I pretty much felt the same, soundtrack doesn't seem to fit the show at all and I was worried this was going to be a goofy show until the killing started. Decent start tho. The knife kills and fight at the end was savage :wow:

I might be tripping but is the family pet a real cat or animatronics? :dwillhuh:

Loggie

All Star
Daps
Watched the 1st episode. Has a very weird opening and a lighter tone than I was expecting. Almost more of a comedic family drama, but when there was ninjutsu action it was solid. Need to see more to really judge though. Also really wasn't feeling their use of music.
I feel the same way. I’ve only watch half the episode. I stopped and started watching period-piece Chinese gangster series. Pretty dope so far.

I’ll probably come back to it next week.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Finished. 8/10. Looks like they got a lore going so I hope they get renewed to expand on that. Grandma Taki and Riku turned out to be my favorite characters and Haru my least.

I felt dumb as hell when Tsujioka tried to put his arm back on :dead: thought homie was gonna regenerate like Genma from Ninja Scroll.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Finished. 8/10. Looks like they got a lore going so I hope they get renewed to expand on that. Grandma Taki and Riku turned out to be my favorite characters and Haru my least.

I felt dumb as hell when Tsujioka tried to put his arm back on :dead: thought homie was gonna regenerate like Genma from Ninja Scroll.

Felt the same way, but would probably give it like a 7 out of 10. But agree that the Grandma and lil kid were the best out of the family. Haru being sullen all the time .:francis: From an action perspective, I would say it's okay. Some dynamic scenes towards the end, but nothing on the level of say Warrior or Bloodhounds from an action series show. The story gets better as it goes along. Acting for the most part was okay, but could have used more dynamic/charismatic performances. Alice in Borderlands is still the best Japanese series I've watched on Netflix.

Some more spoiler filled thoughts

Felt the chemistry between Haru/Karen wasn't that strong, but did make me want a beef bowl. Would have liked a more stronger connection between that relationship, so when it went away I would have felt it more. The BNF and all their shinobi rules :bryan: . No wonder Gakku dipped out. Would have been cool to do a full episode on him being turned by the Fuma clan, to get more of their reasoning and motives. Glasses villain was okay, liked his henchwoman more. Sometimes scenes felt slower-paced to me, would have liked to have seen more ninja skills.

Last edited: