‘House of Ninjas’ - Netflix Series [Discussion Thread] ((Lands On Netflix's Top 10 Most-Watched TV shows List))

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
So much of the premise for this is so hamfisted and contrived...an entire shinobi clan that doesn't talk to each other:mjlol:

Granny isn't playing around :ufdup:
Oki and his nerdy goofiness :bryan:
Riku walking out steps measuring the house like "something's off here :patrice:"

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
It was cool 3.5 Mics.

Thought there would be bit more action though, but seemed like it was more plot driven & storyline kept me in even though it wasn't touching anything different from what I've seen.

In for second season though if it's renewed.

Felt the same way, but would probably give it like a 7 out of 10. But agree that the Grandma and lil kid were the best out of the family. Haru being sullen all the time .:francis: From an action perspective, I would say it's okay. Some dynamic scenes towards the end, but nothing on the level of say Warrior or Bloodhounds from an action series show. The story gets better as it goes along. Acting for the most part was okay, but could have used more dynamic/charismatic performances. Alice in Borderlands is still the best Japanese series I've watched on Netflix.

Some more spoiler filled thoughts

Felt the chemistry between Haru/Karen wasn't that strong, but did make me want a beef bowl. Would have liked a more stronger connection between that relationship, so when it went away I would have felt it more. The BNF and all their shinobi rules :bryan: . No wonder Gakku dipped out. Would have been cool to do a full episode on him being turned by the Fuma clan, to get more of their reasoning and motives. Glasses villain was okay, liked his henchwoman more. Sometimes scenes felt slower-paced to me, would have liked to have seen more ninja skills.

You ever watched Sanctuary?

Another dope Japanese show.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
It was cool 3.5 Mics.

Thought there would be bit more action though, but seemed like it was more plot driven & storyline kept me in even though it wasn't touching anything different from what I've seen.

In for second season though if it's renewed.

You ever watched Sanctuary?

Another dope Japanese show.
I haven't checked that out.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
they kinda dropped the ball by not having a full episode on dude being a switch sider ninja

I was expecting more action, but i'm not mad at this being more story driven. i can watch kamui for the violence

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Overall I liked it but it could’ve/ should’ve been way better. The music was a complete miss imo. Haru is one of the more boring MCs I’ve seen in a while. The story was too basic. But overall enjoyable enough. Give me enough ninja action and I can like anything lol. The evil, no eyebrows ninja was a baddie. I would’ve folded too Gaku:hubie:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Overall I liked it but it could’ve/ should’ve been way better. The music was a complete miss imo. Haru is one of the more boring MCs I’ve seen in a while. The story was too basic. But overall enjoyable enough. Give me enough ninja action and I can like anything lol. The evil, no eyebrows ninja was a baddie. I would’ve folded too Gaku:hubie:

nah, the music was good, i need a tracklist.

trap101

All Star
Daps
Just got word of this from the thread on Tokyo Vice. Binged watched it all between last night and today..... :wow: ...... they need to get cracking on a season 2 from yesterday.... The ending has it set up as a multi-season storyline, but knowing how Netflix moves I am a bit :lupe:

The name of the baddie Futaro ninja Ayame is Bambi Naka... your welcome :banderas:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Just got word of this from the thread on Tokyo Vice. Binged watched it all between last night and today..... :wow: ...... they need to get cracking on a season 2 from yesterday.... The ending has it set up as a multi-season storyline, but knowing how Netflix moves I am a bit :lupe:

The name of the baddie Futaro ninja Ayame is Bambi Naka... your welcome :banderas:

Still number one in Japan and top 10 in 69 countries. I don't want to jump the gun but I think it's likely it'll get another season.