How are Puerto Ricans in Chicago different from Puerto Ricans in NYC and Philly?

Razor Reader

Formerly -----
Daps
Reppin
Game, Prosperity and Good Fortune
Most ricans in Chicago look like light skinned black people (technically they are) with Spanish accents.

I’ve dated a few Rican men here and most of them were really influenced by black culture

So do they copy off of black people as much as a Puerto Ricans on the East Coast?

Or are they :mjpls::mjpls: like Florida Puerto Ricans?

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
Culturally speaking. How different are your Puerto Rican cousins from Chicago different from the ones from the Bronx?

It isnt much of a difference.

Our identity is really influenced by the island. Thats why no matter where we at we can always kick it with each other even if we’re strangers.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I don’t know about Chicago.

But in NYC, the Nuyoricans are more Americanized many don’t speak Spanish, their families have been here for decades.

In Buffalo, the Puerto Ricans are straight off the island or second generation. Some have thick accents.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Most ricans in Chicago look like light skinned black people (technically they are) with Spanish accents.

I’ve dated a few Rican men here and most of them were really influenced by black culture
The East Harlem ones that’s pale (white passing) would swear they were black. They grandmas was dark though. I dated some in the past when I was young, they a lot more down (than Dominicans).