How are Puerto Ricans in Chicago different from Puerto Ricans in NYC and Philly?

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I lived in Philly for 20 years and Chi for the last two...I honestly couldn't tell you cause Chicago is so segregated. From what I can see, I do think Chicago Hispanics tend to be more authentically Hispanic...Puerto Ricans and Dominicans in Philly act just like American blacks and West Indians.

prime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The heights
I lived in Philly for 20 years and Chi for the last two...I honestly couldn't tell you cause Chicago is so segregated. From what I can see, I do think Chicago Hispanics tend to be more authentically Hispanic..Puerto Ricans and Dominicans in Philly act just like American blacks and West Indians.
The older ones yeah but not the younger ones (35 and younger) like @Off Emerald.. once said a lot of younger Hispanics dead azz think they black out here in Chicago no BS even couple of Mexicans ask me how to get waves :deadmanny:

27FarOutRazor

I feel like Jamin’ Jerome…WHERE THE BIT€HS!!
Daps
I don't know any new York Puerto Ricans but my ol lady is Puerto Rican from Logan Square in Chicago she loyal and i cant seem to get rid of her ass...but besides her the other ricans i smashed out here seem to be programmed to getting smacked around...:francis:

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea most ricans I run into live on the west side. Mexicans everywhere in the city tho. They was like “fake segregation ese :umad:
Lol on the real! Pick a side, they are there.

over east, up north, south west, on the west side (I consider little village and Pilsen west side), out in the south burbs, aurora, nw Indiana etc et. all. Them amigobrehs are everywhere :russ:

The older ones yeah but not the younger ones (35 and younger) like @Off Emerald.. once said a lot of younger Hispanics dead azz think they black out here in Chicago no BS even couple of Mexicans ask me how to get waves :deadmanny:

:dead::deadrose:

Now that I remember I did know a few mexicans in high school that literally only fukked with sistas.

Last edited:

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
I wouldn’t say copy because the biggest rican neighborhood in Chicago is surrounded by black neighborhoods

It’s more of an influence imo
No it’s not :russ:

Humboldt Park surrounded by white and other Hispanic hoods, except for the eastern part of Garfield Park

And yeah the Ricans in Chi act like nikkas, the Ricans in NY act like Ricans from what I’ve gathered

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
I don’t know about Chicago.

But in NYC, the Nuyoricans are more Americanized many don’t speak Spanish, their families have been here for decades.

In Buffalo, the Puerto Ricans are straight off the island or second generation. Some have thick accents.
Most Puerto Ricans in buffalo also assimilate into black culture

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
P Rico isn’t Puerto Rican breh :mjlol:

it’s all Mexican, Guatemalan, El Salvadoran on the Indy border, rarely seen Ricans over that way. It’s alot of Ricans in Hammond tho
he's not? I mean I know he looks like a regulag nikka but the way he reps Puerto Rico I thought he was rican.

And yeah its mostly mexicans and central americans over east by indiana

Most Ricans are getting ran out the city. Cacs took over the east side of humbodlt while blacks took over the west. They mainly moved Florida

I remember Logan square use to be a legitimate hood in the early 00's. Shyt was lit outthere.
But it's all cacs and considered one of the up and coming hoods in the city. That's crazy.

Lowkey tho, despite them claiming that whites pushed them out, a lot of them ricans( and cubans to a lesser extent ) ca$hed out and dipped out.

Last edited:

September

Symbol Of Excellence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idaho.
I lived in Philly for 20 years and Chi for the last two...I honestly couldn't tell you cause Chicago is so segregated. From what I can see, I do think Chicago Hispanics tend to be more authentically Hispanic...Puerto Ricans and Dominicans in Philly act just like American blacks and West Indians.

Antonia-Thomas-As-Alisha-Is-Skeptical-On-Misfits.gif

So West Indians/Caribbeans acting like...themselves