How do brehs take advantage of the power of they phones?

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
So the new drop from Johnny Applescammer and co. had me thinking.. the gimmicks aside there's probably a pretty good machine in there. After accounting for all the iOs bloatware its probably on par with the Samsung offerings from a few years ago.

If you took most of these latest gen phones back in time 15 years, i think you'd have one of the strongest computer that a single person could carry, let alone in one hand.

Which sounds cool but had me thinking - who gives a fukk? I use my shyt for internet trolling/browsing, texting and social apps, and finally navigation.

If not for planned obsolescence through the OS / apps which makes the latest environments run mad slow on older tech, I would probably be fine on a much older gen phone.

I travel a lot and being able to search restaurants and navigation is a lifesaver so I couldn't do the old flip phone with my lifestyle but it's nonetheless mad tempting.

So here's my question brehs: do any of y'all put the computer in your phone to good use regularly? And if so, how?

If I'm gonna be paying for these super microcomputers I'd like to get some sort of utility out of them..

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The answer is they don't.
All the new bells and whistles added to each new phone release won't change the day to day behavior of Youtube, web browsing, social media, texting, calling, etc.
Phone tech has reached a plateau for some time now.
The stan jokes are funny, but objectively, the phones are nearly identical in their overall function.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
@D.S. I can't be squinting to watch movies on my shyt :hubie:

And its mad uncomfortable trying to hold your shyt up to eye level, or otherwise your neck gets mad stiff :dame:

Why do they need anything special for music? I mean they been playing music off phones since blackberry

And as far as games go - Don't most brehs be on clash of clans and other bull shyt? You don't need much for those.

I got a tablet if I think ima be gaming on a flight or something but are there actually decent joints that I can play on my shyt i would be curious

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
@Kamikaze Revy what kinda shyt you got? If thats the case can you recommend a budget option that doesn't look like shyt and checks all the boxes?
I mean...I'm rockin with my iPhone 6S+ until it completely falls apart.
I've had it in an otterbox case since day one and it still looks flawless and performs like the day I got it.
Everything opens very quickly, videos stream with high quality and no buffering. (Tmobile is a good network here in Virginia Beach).
I can't say a single negative thing about the performance of this phone.
I had an LG V8 (or whatever it was called) for about a year. I liked it a lot until the performance took a major hit and everything was working sluggish as hell.
In my experience, my iPhones have lasted much longer than the android phones I've had. Maybe I have bad luck with Android phones. In any case, Im sticking with this iPhone 6S+ for a long time.
I'm sure you can find one at a decent price online. Even if you have to pick up a used one.
What's your budget look like?

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
@D.S. I can't be squinting to watch movies on my shyt :hubie:

And its mad uncomfortable trying to hold your shyt up to eye level, or otherwise your neck gets mad stiff :dame:

Why do they need anything special for music? I mean they been playing music off phones since blackberry

And as far as games go - Don't most brehs be on clash of clans and other bull shyt? You don't need much for those.

I got a tablet if I think ima be gaming on a flight or something but are there actually decent joints that I can play on my shyt i would be curious
Not so much the music but streaming it. I see a lot of "I don't want" and "I don't need" on this board. Doesn't account for a ton of people that are still tech retarded and just do everything on their phone. All the different things you can be doing at once on consistent basis. The average person who needs help with a simple laptop problem will put their phone through hell, just doing the things you mentioned...and never close anything. The tech has to accommodate that

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
@Kamikaze Revy that's the thing budget never really been my concern, probably why it took me so long to think about this shyt.

Post was originally less about saving money than making good use of the investment i had made already.

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
I just need a phone with a big pretty screen that can multitask like a champ and can give me options for getting the apps i need without doing too much to it out of the box. At any given time I maybe streaming a movie to my smart tv, while playing Spotify to my Bluetooth speaker, browsing the web and downloading a torrent all at the same time. Basically I use my phone as a media hub and the Galaxy Note series has served that purpose well for me.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Do brehs use the split screen functions on they Androids? I never use that shyt cuz I can't really figure it out...