How Floyd Mayweather Schooled Canelo Alvarez

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Best pure boxing performance I’ve seen in my lifetime :manny:
There are a host of Mayweather performances better than the Canelo performance, at least aesthetically. This was the fight that showed Mayweather's age, as his hand speed and his leg movement looked regressed. People dont really mention that though because he dominated anyway. To be fair though the fight was at 152 and not 147, and that had something to do with it, though I'm doubtful. Want proof? The very next fight was the very close split decision win against Marcos Maidana. And while Marcos was a good fighter, the fight had no business being that close.
That mexicac was 23 years old and the WBC light middle weight champion of the world (Greenbelt most prestigious) at 43-0. Canelo came off a solid stretch of defending the WBC belt vs Mosley, Cintron, Josesito Lopez and an undefeated Mike Trout.

Canelo begged to fight Mayweather 2years prior and had his name in his mouth all the way up into the fight. He fights a 36 Year old! Mayweather who was absolute prime for him to beat and got absolutely WASSSSSSSSSHED was made Easy work! Hell it was even a fix for him to win and he still couldn’t beat Mayweather! Oscar had a judge on payroll just Incase it was a tough fight which made the fight a split decision one of the worst scoring cards in history!

Like uncle Roger used to say YA MUTHAfukkAS DONT NO shyt ABOUT BOXING! If you trying to discredit Mayweather’s ass whoopin of cinnamon.
Was a majority decision but I agree

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
But the Mexican superstar is not lacking for confidence and has wanted the biggest fight in the world for more than a year, including pushing to try to secure the Cinco de Mayo weekend date that Mayweather ended up booking against Robert Guerrero. Canelo was supposed to face Trout on the undercard of the Mayweather/Guerrero bout but Floyd wouldn't guarantee a fight between the two in September, so Canelo took his bout and set up his own date with Trout.

On the date change, Canelo said, "I have no need for Mayweather to impose conditions ... I can have my own fans, my own event and my own history. I'm tired of being accessible to fight him, since he never was real in what he was talking. The truth is he does not want to fight me. I will continue doing my own history."
:russ: so canelo and oscar actually wanted the fight a year before it happened

"he doesnt wanna fight me":russ::russ:

Don't make me find more receipts:russ:

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
That mexicac was 23 years old and the WBC light middle weight champion of the world (Greenbelt most prestigious) at 43-0. Canelo came off a solid stretch of defending the WBC belt vs Mosley, Cintron, Josesito Lopez and an undefeated Mike Trout.

Canelo begged to fight Mayweather 2years prior and had his name in his mouth all the way up into the fight. He fights a 36 Year old! Mayweather who was absolute prime for him to beat and got absolutely WASSSSSSSSSHED was made Easy work! Hell it was even a fix for him to win and he still couldn’t beat Mayweather! Oscar had a judge on payroll just Incase it was a tough fight which made the fight a split decision one of the worst scoring cards in history!

Like uncle Roger used to say YA MUTHAfukkAS DONT NO shyt ABOUT BOXING! If you trying to discredit Mayweather’s ass whoopin of cinnamon.
It was a majority decision but I get your point.

premier58

All Star
Daps
Corrales was total domination
Definitely. I meant to include that..that was domination, humiliation and emasculation..i think thats the.fight when Floyd called out Prince Naseem afterwards and Larry Merchant said "He will.never fight you after this."