How Has Becoming "Racially Aware" Changed the Way You View Sports?

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Shyt they been doing that the pass 4 hundred years. This is the reason why I always side with the players union. The NFL is a criminal organization. Medical studies are hidden that support injury damage, contracts are not guaranteed, city citizens pay for the staduims and they are non taxed.
I stopped fukking with the nfl after I saw this:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/league-of-denial/

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
Most athletes are extremely selfish, you probably need it in that environment. They work for themselves and their families and live in white communities and don't ever really look back.

Can't hate him for that, just don't ever expect anything from them.

And u gotta remember that most black athletes have been worshipped by whites most their lives, so they really have a warped view of how whites really are compared to the average black man.

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia
I hate how when they fight in football and basketball and they call them thugs. They fight in baseball and it's just a good ol fashioned brawl. In hockey they actually keep a stat of it and have payers designated just for it
When this thought crossed my mind as a young adult I was deeply unsettled by it.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i feel no type of way b/c they choose to play sports

nobody chose to be a fukking slave :camby:

i do agree that some of these commentators have bigoted undertones when they describe a lot of black player ESP in the NFL.

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
So my question is: how do you sports lovers feel about whites being in aww of our athletic prowess yet still not seeing us as equal human beings?
It's a job. The players are making checks like to and me. It's just sensationalism to play this put as an allegory for black discrimination. Their actually treated better than your average black employee, i.e. health care, representation, ability for representation and making money off their image.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Their actually treated better than your average black employee.

Of course they are. White people adore blacks that entertain them. Thats kinda the point of the thread and the realization ive come to and that we all need to come to. Your "average black employee" is simply a "n1gger"

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ever since i joined Thecoli i been looking at sports different :wow: been looking at Amerikkk different to, and seeing that a lot of Africans... i know well AA are c00ns.

we need more blacks to "see" things the way that we do. We need a new mindstate collectively. Sports, rap music, entertainment period is being used to keep us shackled mentally