How long have you been a wrestling fan?

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
The earliest I can remember was 1991 when I was 7. It was on a Saturday morning after cartoons went off and I was sick that day so I couldn't go out and play like I normally would. I was flipping channels until I turned to a channel and saw this crazy ass white dude with a beard, shades, and a cowboy hat with a weird voice talking shyt. I think it was WWF Superstars or WWF Action Zone or whatever. I was like :dwillhuh: who is this crazy dude on my TV. Then it went off the air. Then later on that day was flipping channels again and flipped to TBS and saw another crazy white dude with blonde hair wearing a colorful robe talking shyt about someone. Again I was like :dwillhuh: who are these crazy ass dudes. Started watching off and on until 1992 when I turned on Superstars and saw this greasy haired white dude wearing pink and black wrestling and I was hooked ever since:wow:. Was a faithful fan until WCW was bought out by Vince McMahon. My interests started slowly going away until finally around No Way Out 2002 I stopped watching wrestling completely. Would tune in once in awhile every few years to Raw and see Triple H with the World Heavyweight championship and I was like :scust:. Didn't become a consistent watcher again until the pipebomb in 2011:mjcry:.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Since 97, so 18 years

Saw DX acting a fool on one of the new years eve shows or something and was lmao

Then one week i remember Sting & Hogan had a "title match" on Nitro but the shyt cut off and soon as it started and i was HOOKED for next week to find out what happened

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
When Hogan slamming Andre at the Silverdome was on the 12 o'clock noon news the next day :mjcry:

I had watched up until then, but hard to pinpoint... a nikka was only 4 then :francis:

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Since late 1998. I became a big fan of Mick Foley and really got into the shows. I even recorded the shows and PPVs on VHS and rewatched them throughout the week. My regret back then is that I didn't check out WCW and ECW during that time. The WWE Network has helped me catch up on what I've missed.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Started summer of 97. I was 10. I stopped watching WWE mid or late 2005 and stopped going to PWG shows in early 08. I watched ECW for a bit when it was brought back in 06, but I dropped it like a month later; even Punk couldn't keep me to watch it. He did bring me back to it in the summer of Punk 2011.

So going on 16 years total.

Last edited:

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
The day I saw Warrior bleed the black shyt when Shango thru the hex on breh.

I was like :ohhh::damn::leon::to:

'97-'03 and now :snoop:

I hadn't watched wrestling for so long but I feel like I never stopped...but when I go back and look at the years I didn't watch :heh: :dahell: So much crazy shyt happened that I never knew about.

Why was that dude Bobby Lashley never champ :dahell:

What happened to MVP:dahell:

Jeff Hardy was a multiple time WWE champ :dahell:

Daps
Reppin
SN1
Royal Rumble 1997. I was a month away from my 3rd birthday. :wow: My brother or maybe my dad had ordered it on PPV and had a bet on who would win the match. My dad picked Bret and my brother picked Austin. I watched RAW and Nitro (switching on commercials) almost every week, I always liked WCW better. After the Invasion, Smackdown became my show I used to watch every week until 2008. Watched WWE from 1997 to 2012. After Wrestlemania 28 I stopped watching WWE and haven't really gone back except for a random RAW here and there but its very rare. I've been more into TNA since about 2007 or 2008. I was into ROH a lot from 2003 to 2007 and went to most of the Chicago Ridge shows during that time but after Homicide lost the title I stopped watching it.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
The day I saw Warrior bleed the black shyt when Shango thru the hex on breh.

I was like :ohhh::damn::leon::to:

'97-'03 and now :snoop:

I hadn't watched wrestling for so long but I feel like I never stopped...but when I go back and look at the years I didn't watch :heh: :dahell: So much crazy shyt happened that I never knew about.

Why was that dude Bobby Lashley never champ :dahell:

What happened to MVP:dahell:

Jeff Hardy was a multiple time WWE champ :dahell:
Breh I was the same way about Jeff Hardy being champ. He won the belt during the time I stopped watching wrestling. I was like this dude was WWE champion but Booker T, Owen Hart, and Ted Dibiase never won it?! Also I missed out on Hassan and Eugene.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Royal Rumble 1997. I was a month away from my 3rd birthday. :wow: My brother or maybe my dad had ordered it on PPV and had a bet on who would win the match. My dad picked Bret and my brother picked Austin. I watched RAW and Nitro (switching on commercials) almost every week, I always liked WCW better. After the Invasion, Smackdown became my show I used to watch every week until 2008. Watched WWE from 1997 to 2012. After Wrestlemania 28 I stopped watching WWE and haven't really gone back except for a random RAW here and there but its very rare. I've been more into TNA since about 2007 or 2008. I was into ROH a lot from 2003 to 2007 and went to most of the Chicago Ridge shows during that time but after Homicide lost the title I stopped watching it.
You can remember stuff from when you were 2? :comeon:

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
hogangiant.jpg

Daps
Reppin
SN1
You can remember stuff from when you were 2? :comeon:
First thing I can remember is watching Royal Rumble 1997 with my brothers and my oldest brother had been a fan for ten years by then so we would watch RAW and Nitro together for years.

Breh I was the same way about Jeff Hardy being champ. He won the belt during the time I stopped watching wrestling. I was like this dude was WWE champion but Booker T, Owen Hart, and Ted Dibiase never won it?! Also I missed out on Hassan and Eugene.
Jeff Hardy was the most popular guy in WWE when he won the title, he was very deserving. Booker T won the World Heavyweight Title in 2006, when it mattered just as much as the WWE title.