How many posters really believe "it ain't about education or opportunity... "

Swahili P'Bitek

Absorbingpovertywithoutlimitations
Daps
Reppin
Mtaani
Crime is a socio-economic issue. Linking it only to economics(poverty )does a part in demonizing the poor.Majority of poor people are regular hardworking people, social issues are what mostly separate the law abiding poor people from the criminal class, which is a minority.

If poverty was the only & main issue, then most of Africa would be unlivable due to inexplicable violent crime. Even worse than Mexico, Brazil etc, but Check the Crime stats and you will find this not to be the case, nor even near it. Social issues inspire crime, and Economic issues help legitimize and sustain it. How can parts of Marseilles be more dangerous and have higher criminal activity than Lilongwe, Lusaka, Gaborone, Nairobi, Kigali etc. when the standard economic definition of poverty places us Africans as being poor? Social poverty is the answer, not economic.

MoveForward

Veteran
Daps
Here we go, our prized academic has arrived to extoll the virtues of common sense.

So you're saying that an individual with access to the inner city Chicago public schools and a hot meal would qualify as having plenty of opportunities and no excuse to turn to crime?

And would wanting to have access to more than just those things, perhaps a safer place to live in an area with higher quality public schools, perhaps a financial safety net, that would represent buying into materialism to you?

There are like seven posts in this thread explaining why you are wrong, but you skipped them didn't you, in order to make a "what about Chiraq" post like a str0mfr0nt cac.
I don't care for any excuses... They know it's not right to rob, kill, and sell drugs. Make excuses for it and we will be here for another 50 years saying the same sh1t.:yeshrug:

I grew up in a high crime area and went to perhaps the worst school in my county. Dudes were carrying guns to school, selling drugs, letting pitbulls loose in the school for fun, beating teachers, and all types of fukkery. Some of my guys got caught up but most of them didn't. All of my guys that went to prison, will tell you that they didn't have to do any of the bs that they did.

Call me a cac, c00n, or whatever else...

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
I don't care for any excuses... They know it's not right to rob, kill, and sell drugs. Make excuses for it and we will be here for another 50 years saying the same sh1t.:yeshrug:

I grew up in a high crime area and went to perhaps the worst school in my county. Dudes were carrying guns to school, selling drugs, letting pitbulls loose in the school for fun, beating teachers, and all types of fukkery. Some of my guys got caught up but most of them didn't. All of my guys that went to prison, will tell you that they didn't have to do any of the bs that they did.

Call me a cac, c00n, or whatever else...

I didn't make any excuses. I asked you two questions:

Does attending a terrible public school that is essentially a prison-lite environment constitute "access to education"?

Does wanting something better than to live amongst poverty represent "buying into materialism"?

You shouldn't use yourself as an example, by the way, clearly your public school failed to teach you anything.

7evens

All Star
Daps
Crime is a socio-economic issue. Linking it only to economics(poverty )does a part in demonizing the poor.Majority of poor people are regular hardworking people, social issues are what mostly separate the law abiding poor people from the criminal class, which is a minority.

If poverty was the only & main issue, then most of Africa would be unlivable due to inexplicable violent crime. Even worse than Mexico, Brazil etc, but Check the Crime stats and you will find this not to be the case, nor even near it. Social issues inspire crime, and Economic issues help legitimize and sustain it. How can parts of Marseilles be more dangerous and have higher criminal activity than Lilongwe, Lusaka, Gaborone, Nairobi, Kigali etc. when the standard economic definition of poverty places us Africans as being poor? Social poverty is the answer, not economic.

Repped!

MoveForward

Veteran
Daps
I didn't make any excuses. I asked you two questions:

Does attending a terrible public school that is essentially a prison-lite environment constitute "access to education"?

Does wanting something better than to live amongst poverty represent "buying into materialism"?

You shouldn't use yourself as an example, by the way, clearly your public school failed to teach you anything.
1.) Yes, some kids come to school. Do what they're supposed to do, and get an education. These schools don't have a 100% dropout rate, so clearly some kids are properly conducting themselves.
2.) Yes, that's gross materialism. Especially when you have everything that you need, although it may not have the label that you want sewn on it.

As for the bolded...
I'm a college grad, I managed to stay out of major trouble, I have a great career, and my kids are well taken care of... :yeshrug: Your insults aren't valid, you're lying on me...

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
1.) Yes, some kids come to school. Do what they're supposed to do, and get an education. These schools don't have a 100% dropout rate, so clearly some kids are properly conducting themselves.
2.) Yes, that's gross materialism. Especially when you have everything that you need, although it may not have the label that you want sewn on it.

As for the bolded...
I'm a college grad, I managed to stay out of major trouble, I have a great career, and my kids are well taken care of... :yeshrug: Your insults aren't valid, you're lying on me...

So you're saying is that striving to get out of poverty is gross materialism and yet you (most likely falsely) claim to have done that yourself?

With your (alleged) college degree and career do you still live in the projects and send your children to dangerous inner city schools?

By the way, plenty of cacs graduate college and never got an education. Not surprising that you're one of them.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
YOU AIN'T GOT THE ANSWERS!

I wanna hear it from real "brehs" who understand human psychology and phrenology and shyt who can explain this topic to me, not these socioeconomic excuses.

I wanna hear FACTS damn it not statistics or contextualization.

I already @ some of the brehs who can help me with this shyt but I assume they are too busy grading papers and reviewing PhD theses at this instant to help me understand this issue.
@Booksnrain seems to have answers for this.

MoveForward

Veteran
Daps
So you're saying is that striving to get out of poverty is gross materialism and yet you (most likely falsely) claim to have done that yourself?

With your (alleged) college degree and career do you still live in the projects and send your children to dangerous inner city schools?

By the way, plenty of cacs graduate college and never got an education. Not surprising that you're one of them.
You're making excuses again... If you or one of your loved ones get assaulted and/or murdered by one of these creeps, keep the same energy. :yeshrug:

You're a real one:salute:...

I had a kid at 13 and dabbled in some sh1t but I quickly realized it was fukked up and got my ass back on the sidewalk. I still managed to go to school and work while in HS and I worked full time and grinded through college. My daughter is in college now and my son is in a private school... I had to drive trucks and be a fukking janitor until I got a job in my field of study and that just recently happened. I'm sorry, I don't make excuses like a whore, I make it happen within the parameters of the law.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its not neccessarily the education they aren't,getting the education they are. You can be in a good enviornment and still be educated by the streets through family members,friends and of course hiphop. But if your in a better envioronment you are less likely to make it a lifestyle,and your body will instintivley stay where things are more comfortable.

You also have dna/astrology that plays a part. So who your parents are play a part on two different fronts. If they are shyt parents,and have features in their dna that can cause stupid and high risk behavior in you through epigenetics. Along with you having that in your astrological chart.

Environment plays a strong role as well,Once I got out the hood more and saw how alot of what happens there ain't normal. The less comfortable and neccessary it felt for me to be there. So its very important for parents to take there kids out of the hood so they can see its bigger things in life then their stupid block. Like I say,the body will almost instinctively go where its more comfortable and more safe for self preservation.

I left the hood but wasn't comfortable around cacs,so I felt more comfortable in the hood. It will be a trial and error situation,sometimes you just need to move around until you find that place. Lack of travel and going outside the hood creates small mindedness which is the foundation for most hood nikkas who end up in prison.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Yes a lot of the youth are doing things for clout and just youthful mistake. The vast majority of poor people don’t commit crimes and are not violent at all.

So really you're arguing that the main driver of crime amongst inner city teens is clout chasing?