How much more would it take for you to leave...

How much more would it take for you to leave your current job

• Total voters
Daps
...your current position at work for another position? independent of industry. I just got a couple of offers, and I'm thinking about jumping ship :patrice:

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
About this much...

latest

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
...your current position at work for another position? independent of industry. I just got a couple of offers, and I'm thinking about jumping ship :patrice:
Depends on the situation too. If im happy where i am I wouldnt leave for 5K to 10K more. Better make it 20K

For Example let's play with some numbers.
Based on the taxes for single brehs in GA with no children making upward of 70-80K, an additional 10K probably barely gets you an extra $198 per paycheck so your check goes from $1,800 to about $1,998 every two weeks.

Look, I know $200 is $200 but if YOU ARE HAPPY WHERE YOU ARE NOW and you are offered to go into an UNKNOWN ENVIRONMENT, they better come up with more than an extra $200 to sweeten the pot. At my current job i come and go as i please, work from home often, travel the world on the company dime and very little stress.

I get random calls from recruiters often and if it's the same or barely more than my current pay i tell them to kick rocks.To make me leave i have to either be unhappy where i am or you have to really sweeten the pot with more money and also career development type opportunities that i cant pass up like free training on systems i would otherwise not be privy to for free that will make me even more marketable

Last edited:

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
if someone gave me some type of endorsement for $50,000 extra a year, or just that amount, i'd have to consider the industry but if it's already a sub industry i'm working on then maybe.

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
To me it's has be a extra 20k a year,for example I make around 40k a year as a respiratory therpist,so I'm planing to get in nurse which would be a extra 20k to make 60k-65k a year:ehh:

Daps
Depends on other factors...such as location of new job and responsibilities of new job.

My current job is pretty easy, and I like the people I deal with on a day to day basis (which is huge), however I have a commute and travel quite a bit. But they pay me well.

If I got a ridiculous offer I'd def consider it, but there's a lot of unknowns with a new job, especially if you're pretty happy with your current situation.

I was in a situation a couple years back where I was making the most $ I ever made in the nicest office I ever had and it was right down the street. However a couple people I dealt with daily (particularly my manager) made my life hell and it wasn't worth it. I would have taken a cut to get out of there.

$ isn't everything but it damn sure is a lot.

Daps
Interesting stuff guys... I'm really debating the quality of life sacrifice in pursuit of a few (20 - 30) more racks. :patrice:

Decisions, decisions... :jbhmm: the other opportunity is almost identical in pay (to my current), but they offer better experience for where I'd like my career to go.

Ultimately I will be an entrepreneur, but gotta build up the exp and stack up first.

More opportunities will definitely come, but it's good to think about these things.