how much vacation time y'all get for Christmas and New Years?

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Word. The drug company we work with is shutdown for Christmas anyway. My first year with my company, we automatically got the time from Christmas Eve till after New Year's off without having to use PTO. Afterwards, if we wanted to have the time off we had to save our PTO. It was easy for me cause my wife and I usually scheduled trips around long weekends. But next year, since nothing is going to be going on anyway, I might just "work". I'm home based anyway so it's not like I gotta get up and drive into the office or anything.
A month or two later, you're vacationing in the Caribbean, while everyone else is stuck at work because their PTO balance is around 8.5 hours.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
As much as I feel like it. I am my own boss.

But seriously I usually take the week of and the 1st week of the new year as a two week vacay.

My team is off the Christmas and New Years and the days before as well, paid.

greatone

Pro
Supporter
Daps
to add on...i gotta do some on call shyt for the 28th and 30th...im a lead..i have no choice..but i dont have to be in the office for it..just gotta be able to talk to vendors ASAP if things go south

I'm on call from 23rd-29th. Our on-call use to be similar to yours. My old manager use to allow us to take PTO even if we were on call. We just had to be available if a emergency pops up. New manager is the exact opposite. We can't be on PTO if we are on-call unless we switch out with someone. She paranoid about tickets potentially piling up. But unless it a high priority ticket then it shouldn't matter if a ticket is not completed until next year.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I'm off from 12/23 to 1/1, but only 12/24, 12/25 and 1/1 are official days off. The rest I gotta use vacation. I'm still gonna have to check my emails though :beli: