"How proud are you to be an American?" research poll

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
2yukxzc.jpg

SOURCE: https://www.moreincommon.com/media/s5jhgpx5/moreincommon_americanfabricreport.pdf

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
me.........? 50% proud.... mostly, i can only be so proud to be of any nationality because i'm american by birth... i didn't do anything that billions of other people haven't done, so i can only be so proud.... then there's the fact that there is a lot of wrong that america has done, internally and externally... so i peg my pride at 50%....

"i'm black and i know it, so i could never be a patriot"....

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
About as ‘proud’ as I am about being born with 5 fingers and toes :unimpressed:

I appreciate what our ancestors accomplished while cacs did everything to hold us back, but we barely get credit for the shyt we did in the history books. It’s been proven if we let AmeriKKKans tell the story, Black American history is just slavery, Jazz, Jim Crow, the Civil Rights Movement and Barack Obama being elected president. This is part of the reason I dislike Black History Month, but that’s another topic...

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
real answer, i'd say 0, and not on some "US sucks, doesnt take care of its people bullshyt", but there were literally no moments where I ever referred to myself or was referred to as an american growing up. i was always black. it didn't dawn on me that i was american until the first time i traveled out the country in high school and the customs form asked for nationality - i wrote "black" and had to fill it out again. can't take pride in being something when your whole existence there is being "other" within your native land.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'm ok with that 70%, my ancestors forcibly built one of the greatest nations this world has ever seen and my people's culture still a heavy influence - so I feel more entitled to this place than those who feel entitled to it out of supremacy.
When you say, "one of the greatest nations this world has ever seen" what is that based on? Just curious.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I want to say "0" objectively but there are times when just at an emotional level I still feel connected to the country....but nah, that feeling passes. Still zero.

There are plenty of things we do better than a lot of other countries but then when you get to the shyt we do so so so so so much worse it really kills any of the positives.