"How proud are you to be an American?" research poll

Agent Mulder

Fight The Future
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Not proud by any means. US politics is horrid and this nation is demonic in many ways. but I do understand the privilege of being an American and having a US passport for example. I’m in Hawaii right now celebrating my 10 year anniversary. (It’s 2:21am here and I’m from NYC where it’s 7:21am - been having a hard time adjusting hence I’m in bed scrolling through the coli and watching boxing videos on YouTube )

Was talking to my lady about how different my cousins lives out in South America have been compared to mine. And by no means am I inherently any different than they are obviously. But then I think of how different my life has actually been. How different our experiences really are. And it’s all just because my parents migrated here in the 70’s and I’m an American.

I guess when I think about it in context - and think about my family members abroad - I feel grateful for the privilege that comes with being American. And I literally felt that sentiment today on the beach - about how it’s amazing that I’m out here vacationing seeing this beauty etc. I was thinking about how grateful I am for my parents and for the life I’ve been able to live. And it’s all because I was born here, in America.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Not proud by any means. US politics is horrid and this nation is demonic in many ways. but I do understand the privilege of being an American and having a US passport for example. I’m in Hawaii right now celebrating my 10 year anniversary. (It’s 2:21am here and I’m from NYC where it’s 7:21am - been having a hard time adjusting hence I’m in bed scrolling through the coli and watching boxing videos on YouTube )

Was talking to my lady about how different my cousins lives out in South America have been compared to mine. And by no means am I inherently any different than they are obviously. But then I think of how different my life has actually been. How different our experiences really are. And it’s all just because my parents migrated here in the 70’s and I’m an American.

I guess when I think about it in context - and think about my family members abroad - I feel grateful for the privilege that comes with being American. And I literally felt that sentiment today on the beach - about how it’s amazing that I’m out here vacationing seeing this beauty etc. I was thinking about how grateful I am for my parents and for the life I’ve been able to live. And it’s all because I was born here, in America.

:beli: must be nice to not have the specter of your entire ethnic group enslaved 400 years and targeted for slow throttle genocide meanwhile everyone just ignores the country that did it...

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:ehh:
Would the fact that there very little to no Black people in NZ and Denmark bother you or nah?
Not at all. It would be kinda of "comforting" at this point, for lack of a better term. Who I'm expected to be as a black, american women doesn't align with the person I need to be. Moving out of both american and black spaces appears to be the only solution at the moment.

Last edited: