How would you go about helping someone with a criminal record find employment?

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
I'm talking about Felony charges. They told me that employers are usually understanding about the gun charges and drug charges but when they ask about assault charges things get complicated. What kind of jobs are there that are "Felony friendly" ?

KBtheKey

Top Tier
Daps
Reppin
#Swhtx
If i feel like they ain't gone make me look bad, I always refer them to Walmart or Sam's club. Ridiculous number of people with felonies working there. Like stated in the op, you way more likely to get in with drugs and maybe gun charges, but assault and theft are highly frowned upon, understandably

Edit: or send them to indeed and i prolly help with the resume. Staffing agencies will ring that phone all the way to low battery

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
manual labor cash in hand gigs.

like plumbing, electrician, carpentry, refurbishment, even engineer.

i have a colorful criminal record and i do removals now and was doing courier earlier on in the year for cash in hand.

If i feel like they ain't gone make me look bad, I always refer them to Walmart or Sam's club. Ridiculous number of people with felonies working there. Like stated in the op, you way more likely to get in with drugs and maybe gun charges, but assault and theft are highly frowned upon, understandably

Edit: or send them to indeed and i prolly help with the resume. Staffing agencies will ring that phone all the way to low battery
Are jobs related to construction felony friendly? Said he had some experience as a crane operator.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
just to add to the Walmart or Sam's club or McDonalds and etc recommendation.

if he could work that remedial job for just 24 months the proof and vouching his colleagues and supervisors see would outdo any thing wrong on his criminal record. just one phone call from the manager at the remedial job would be an incredible reference even if he wanted to step into the corporate world. his shown for 2 years he is disciplined focus and whatever other good traits that were showcased on his CV and references.

its to the top, at least his wants an honest gig. :salute:

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
Are jobs related to construction felony friendly? Said he had some experience as a crane operator.

in this country you need a CIS license i think its called and i believe if you are on parole or off it you can put in an application for the permit to work in that field.

if he has experience operating a crane in that industry all he would need is his license and a recommendation from his previous employer, thats why its good to get something ground level to get his CV game up.

but without former criminals in the construction industry there would be no roads or homes being built :russ:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
violent criminal record?

i would suggest dog walker or dog groomer for them.

DjSL.gif