How y’all feel about the MetaVerse shyt?

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
By 2037 that’s the only way a lot of us bruhs are still going to be able to hoop without ending up in the ER:flabbynsick::bryan:

Never know. By then, medical advancements might be far enough for you to be able to drain buckets even in your twilight years. :heh:

There’s one app/cat that teaches DJ’ing on Quest

That's smart. It reminds me of how D-Nice started doing DJ sets in the beginning of the pandemic, and it ended up making the news. Prior to the pandemic, people for sure were using IG live to do stuff like that, but when you're locked indoors with nothing to do, you really start to pay attention to what we have access to.

V-Tubers are going to explode even further. They're niche right now and most people would consider that as weird, but I guarantee you, once this Metaverse stuff starts popping off for real, it's going to open a lot of doors. Virtual popstars, all sorts of stuff. Imagine the Tupac hologram at Coachella being the norm. It's exciting because we're eventually going to move into this space whether people want to or not. It's just a matter of when and price. Incentive for the general public as well.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Never know. By then, medical advancements might be far enough for you to be able to drain buckets even in your twilight years. :heh:

That's smart. It reminds me of how D-Nice started doing DJ sets in the beginning of the pandemic, and it ended up making the news. Prior to the pandemic, people for sure were using IG live to do stuff like that, but when you're locked indoors with nothing to do, you really start to pay attention to what we have access to.

V-Tubers are going to explode even further. They're niche right now and most people would consider that as weird, but I guarantee you, once this Metaverse stuff starts popping off for real, it's going to open a lot of doors. Virtual popstars, all sorts of stuff. Imagine the Tupac hologram at Coachella being the norm. It's exciting because we're eventually going to move into this space whether people want to or not. It's just a matter of when and price. Incentive for the general public as well.
It’s going to blow up for sure in asia… these cats already in love with virtual pop-stars

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
I didn't know anything about it until I read this thread, so first of all, thank you to all the posters for schooling me on it.

It makes me feel very uneasy. We already live in a world of illusion. Material existence is an illusion, like a dream or an immersive video game. The senses we use to live just give us an approximation for the true reality, empirical data isn't reality in itself. That's the philosophy I was raised in and it's the one I continue to subscribe to.

So I am very uneasy at the thought of there being something which is a second layer of illusion. It's hard enough for us all to deal with the first layer of illusion, the one we're born into. Now we want to double up on that? It sounds like madness. There is almost a sinister and evil nature to it.

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
It’ll be cool in the future but a lot of it right now is just VR meets the Sims online. If you have a knack for 3D modeling you might be able to make a grip once a lot of people start using these platforms. The demand for digital art is about to explode even after all this fake NFT hype is over.

I actually can do 3D modelling lol, I do it for my game. Might have to open up blender again

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I didn't know anything about it until I read this thread, so first of all, thank you to all the posters for schooling me on it.

It makes me feel very uneasy. We already live in a world of illusion. Material existence is an illusion, like a dream or an immersive video game. The senses we use to live just give us an approximation for the true reality, empirical data isn't reality in itself. That's the philosophy I was raised in and it's the one I continue to subscribe to.

So I am very uneasy at the thought of there being something which is a second layer of illusion. It's hard enough for us all to deal with the first layer of illusion, the one we're born into. Now we want to double up on that? It sounds like madness. There is almost a sinister and evil nature to it.
It’s just evolution of the internet imo…

Evolution on how we collaborate and communicate.

Things have to change… need to change and eventually will change. I don’t think people will be “living” in the metaverse like that though. Just logging in just like you get online and log into the Coli but still live your normal life in the real world.

Some people will make money off it (think of youtubers and content creators), and some people will continue to do what they do. Except instead of being just a content creator, you can own the platform your content is created on, be the content and get paid for people to experience it or you can be involved in the content

Last edited:

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just another way for corporations to exploit us imo. Also knowing how little oversight there was to combat misinfo and propaganda on Facebook I am worried about the implications of Metaverse.

I like the concept but its being implemented by the wrong people for the wrong reasons, thus its doomed to have a negative impact on society. Hopefully I am proven wrong.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
full

Daps
This shyt basically so Facebook can sell nikkas virtual cars and clothes and shyt. So kids and nerds can gather in a virtual house with they virtual avatars and do nerdy ass virtual shyt. It’s a way to create a digital economy so companies can run up a bag. Not saying it ain’t sustainable or that it wont last, just saying how idiotic the shyt is. They gonna force the shyt to success though.
A 17th century man can say the same about you when you have phone conversations. From his perspective, a real conversation is either you go meet the person face to face or write a letter. Not to input some number in a machine to talks to a "human being". It is all virtual to him. You are dicounting a future technology by saying how idiotic it is. My father had internet back in 1994. At the time a lot of people said that it was idiotic, why would sane people spend so much time on the internet. Look now. I was reading a Wall street article of 1976 on sales of early PC kits. Someone ask "Why would you need a personnal computer at home". Technology march has started when humans invented the first stone tools and it will keep going as long as we don't destroy ourselves and their are existing markets.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
I saw 2 Chainz on The Breakfast Club talking about how he attended his own concert as someone else and talked to folks. the whole convo was weird :mindblown: I don’t like the idea of it. It’s too much.