Old School New School Need To Learn Though
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Common Sense For Dummies 101.....:ufdup:

alcohol-liver.jpg

lungsofasmoker.jpg

Smoking seriously damages your lungs in several important ways. It interferes with your lungs’ natural cleaning and repair system. Smoking destroys the tiny hairs known as cilia that line the upper airways and protect against infection. Normally, your airways have a thin layer of mucus and thousands of cilia. The mucus traps the tiny particles of dirt and pollution you breathe in, while the thousands of cilia move like a wave to push the dirty mucus out of your lungs. When you cough, swallow or spit up mucus, the dirt leaves your lungs.

Because smoking destroys cilia, the dirt and pollution stays in your lungs, along with chemicals from cigarette smoke. This gunk in your lungs can put you at risk for developing lung cancer, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), chest infections and chronic cough.

Smoking also damages the air sacs, or alveoli, in the lungs, which makes it difficult to breathe. The alveoli at the ends of your airways are like little stretchy balloons. When you breathe in, the alveoli help absorb oxygen, and when you breathe out, they help get rid of the waste gas, carbon dioxide. When you smoke, the alveoli become less stretchy, so it’s more difficult for your lungs to take in oxygen and get rid of carbon dioxide. As alveoli are destroyed, the lungs transfer less and less oxygen to the bloodstream, causing you to feel short of breathIf you’re a smoker and you feel any of the following symptoms, you are experiencing signs of lung damage:

• feeling out of breath when you walk up a short flight of stairs
  • coughing
  • spitting up mucus
  • repeat chest infections
See your doctor right away for help in quitting and treating your symptoms—if you don’t, these symptoms will just keep getting worse.

Alcohol's Effects on the Body

Drinking too much – on a single occasion or over time – can take a serious toll on your health. Here’s how alcohol can affect your body:

Brain:
Alcohol interferes with the brain’s communication pathways, and can affect the way the brain looks and works. These disruptions can change mood and behavior, and make it harder to think clearly and move with coordination.

Heart:
Drinking a lot over a long time or too much on a single occasion can damage the heart, causing problems including:

• Cardiomyopathy – Stretching and drooping of heart muscle
  • Arrhythmias – Irregular heart beat
  • Stroke
  • High blood pressure
Research also shows that drinking moderate amounts of alcohol may protect healthy adults from developing coronary heart disease.

Liver:
Heavy drinking takes a toll on the liver, and can lead to a variety of problems and liver inflammations including:

• Steatosis, or fatty liver
  • Alcoholic hepatitis
  • Fibrosis
  • Cirrhosis
Pancreas:
Alcohol causes the pancreas to produce toxic substances that can eventually lead to pancreatitis, a dangerous inflammation and swelling of the blood vessels in the pancreas that prevents proper digestion.

Cancer:
Drinking too much alcohol can increase your risk of developing certain cancers, including cancers of the:

• Mouth
  • Esophagus
  • Throat
  • Liver
  • Breast
Immune System:
Drinking too much can weaken your immune system, making your body a much easier target for disease. Chronic drinkers are more liable to contract diseases like pneumonia and tuberculosis than people who do not drink too much. Drinking a lot on a single occasion slows your body’s ability to ward off infections – even up to 24 hours after getting drunk.

Medicate

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
i dont smoke but my liver has more holes in it than mel gibson's apology

I used to smoke so much back in the day, I used to be in the emergency rooms coughing up mucus and blood....I put a stop to that shyt with the quickness.....the shyt people poisoning the body with, while they make billions off of it is crazy.......

Medicate

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
shyts disgusting :scusthov:
I remember in the 5th grade they brought in a smokers lungs and it looked like it been on the grill with some hot dogs.

Whats even more disgusting is how much money they make off poisoning nikkas.....

JordanwiththeWiz

you mad..you big mad..I’m happy..leave me alone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
true true... but dying from lung cancer is not quick ad it's not clean
Yeah I never smoked because my mom do I hated the habit. I don't like the addiction mindset when you think need something to feel content. I'm only a social drinker plus work out regularly and drinks a lot of water. I just don't think we should throws stone at other's vices when we all have our shortcomings.

Last edited:

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
I smoke and drink :mjcry:

Trying to execute on plans to quit smoking. Need to look after my health. I used to smoke about a pack a day; down to maybe 6-8. It's hard brehs/brehettes. :mjcry:

That first smoke on the drive to work :banderas::mjcry:
That smoke with my first coffee at 930-1000am :banderas::mjcry:
That smoke after eating a big meal :banderas::mjcry:
That smoke after a vigorous sex session with wifey :banderas::mjcry:

Any smokers quit for good? How did you do it? Anyone supplement cigs with vaping (non nicotine)? :mjcry:

DreadBrown

Feed the children
Daps
I used to smoke so much back in the day, I used to be in the emergency rooms coughing up mucus and blood....I put a stop to that shyt with the quickness.....the shyt people poisoning the body with, while they make billions off of it is crazy.......

:wtf: Blood my g?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
YOLO

until you got cancer, and you realized :ufdup: then you fighting to stay alive, praying it doesn't spread and chasing anything that might keep you alive a few more months

Floyd Pinkerton

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I smoke and drink :mjcry:

Trying to execute on plans to quit smoking. Need to look after my health. I used to smoke about a pack a day; down to maybe 6-8. It's hard brehs/brehettes. :mjcry:

That first smoke on the drive to work :banderas::mjcry:
That smoke with my first coffee at 930-1000am :banderas::mjcry:
That smoke after eating a big meal :banderas::mjcry:
That smoke after a vigorous sex session with wifey :banderas::mjcry:

Any smokers quit for good? How did you do it? Anyone supplement cigs with vaping (non nicotine)? :mjcry:

Cold turkey breh. It's the only way. I quit in January and haven't looked back since (failed previous attempts all involved some type of nicotine replacement therapy).

Your worst cravings will come at the following times: 3 days in; 3 weeks in; 3 months in. The first 72 hours are especially rough and I would recommend avoiding social situations. I didn't even go out to bars for a few weeks after the fact simply to avoid the temptation of smoking while drinking.

You will want a cig multiple times every day (I still get multiple cravings daily) but they become much shorter in time and much less intense, therefore more manageable. Post-coital smokes were/are the best and I will always miss those:noah:. I'd be lying to you if I said you ever stop having some level of craving but it is so much easier to handle now. They come, hit you, and then they're gone and you keep it moving.

The health benefits are simply too immense to detail in this tiny post but suffice to say that virtually every aspect of my life has been improved by quitting. And trust me when I say that women don't like it. Face facts: it feels good but it is a fukking disgusting, expensive habit and you will be immeasurably happier with it out of your life.

:blessed:I feel younger, more virile, more energetic, my pipe game has shot through the roof, and my wallet is fatter as a result. What's not to love?

I wish you the best of luck in your quitting journey:salute: