HS football coach FIRED after 20 days for social media post

bangbreh

motorboat extraordinaire
Daps
Reppin
somewhere between a pair of D cup tiddies
Can born again Christians not drink alcohol?
Technically, no.
Depends on the church, what his issues were before, if it's an evening glass or full ham :drunk: status.
Sounds like we've only heard the beginning. I've never heard a church deny anyone who wanted help, let alone firing somebody who's obviously established enough to get the HC job only to fire him 20 days later :jbhmm:
Right.

Daps
"This letter will confirm that Strong Rock Christian School has made a decision not to move forward with your employment in the position of head coach of the football team and physical education teacher. As we discussed, after we made the offer to you, some within our parent community raised concerns regarding your family’s public presence on social media and the internet and questioned whether the postings and information were consistent with our Christian values. We’re sorry that our relationship had to end before it started. We wish you the best," the letter stated.

Bryant said that the school employees must be Born-Again Christians, but they never explicitly stated employees could not drink. They also never made any sort of social media guidelines known to him.

Take note of all the posters skipping over the "born-again christian" part and making this a race story :sas1:

Y'all just don't want to admit this is fundamentalism...you know that shyt you don't practice because it's too hard :sas2:

What do you think you're pointing out? We all knew that was the official reason for rescinding the offer. We just don't buy it, cuz, uh, it's obviously bullshyt.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
What do you think you're pointing out? We all knew that was the official reason for rescinding the offer. We just don't buy it, cuz, uh, it's obviously bullshyt.
:mjlol: you sound like a Trump Supporter right now

Because there is no way a fundamentalist Christian would overreact and condemn someone for not strictly adhering to the "born-again" lifestyle

Daps
:mjlol: you sound like a Trump Supporter right now

Because there is no way a fundamentalist Christian would overreact and condemn someone for not strictly adhering to the "born-again" lifestyle

Nah, you sound like a naive CaC apologist. They knew about the pic before hiring him. Furthermore, the innocuous pic was from 3 years ago. By definition, being "born again" means you are forgiven for your sins prior to you becoming born again, so an old pic would not necessarily mean he was not adhering to that lifestyle. Bryant was never contacted to provide any explanation or context for the picture, instead he was just terminated. This is clearly the work of an influential parent who did not want him to have that job. While I can't say for sure it was cuz of race, it clearly wasn't because of that BS picture.

You're in here caping for the racist integrity of CaCs defending that clearly BS official story when you should be focusing on this:

"Bryant said the backlash against him and his family could have to do with the show his wife was on, but the school already knew about it and had seen the show. The show was discussed during Bryant's interview."

They don't cite the show, tho :sas1:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Nah, you sound like a naive CaC apologist. They knew about the pic before hiring him. Furthermore, the innocuous pic was from 3 years ago. By definition, being "born again" means you are forgiven for your sins prior to you becoming born again, so an old pic would not necessarily mean he was not adhering to that lifestyle. Bryant was never contacted to provide any explanation or context for the picture, instead he was just terminated. This is clearly the work of an influential parent who did not want him to have that job. While I can't say for sure it was cuz of race, it clearly wasn't because of that BS picture.

You're in here caping for the racist integrity of CaCs defending that clearly BS official story when you should be focusing on this:

"Bryant said the backlash against him and his family could have to do with the show his wife was on, but the school already knew about it and had seen the show. The show was discussed during Bryant's interview."

They don't cite the show, tho :sas1:
I don't think you have a right to tell a Christian what they can and can't find offensive - sir.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
After my boy lost a great job offer because of shyt that was on his Facebook (wasn't even that bad :mjpls:)I've been shook of social media
if I get added on facebook I just hide all my new posts from them and delete anything that'll look bad :yeshrug:

I remain talking sh-t on'em :yeshrug:

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
firingpicturebryant_1487713502956_8581713_ver1.0.jpg

:gucci:

What a lovely, heart warming picture. :gucci:

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Can born again Christians not drink alcohol?

I look with suspicion upon any Christian denomination that takes issue with alcohol being used in moderation.

Jesus Changes Water Into Wine

2 On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus’ mother was there, 2 and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding. 3 When the wine was gone, Jesus’ mother said to him, “They have no more wine.”

4 “Woman,a]">[a] why do you involve me?” Jesus replied. “My hour has not yet come.”

5 His mother said to the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.”

6 Nearby stood six stone water jars, the kind used by the Jews for ceremonial washing, each holding from twenty to thirty gallons.b]">[b]

7 Jesus said to the servants, “Fill the jars with water”; so they filled them to the brim.

8 Then he told them, “Now draw some out and take it to the master of the banquet.”

They did so, 9 and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine. He did not realize where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water knew. Then he called the bridegroom aside 10 and said, “Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now.”

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO