I can't recall black people committing suicide in the 90's but now its happening all over the place

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It was probably worse in the 80s and 90s because a lot us had suicidal tendencies by joining gangs, slangin and wildin in the streets.
After the collapse of jobs for the working class and the injection of crack cocaine in our community in the 80s, things took a horrendous turn for the worst.

You can be suicidal by wanting to die or not caring if you live.

The Reagan/Bush era was hell on black folk.

Last edited:

AJaRuleStan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Killa Queens
Life is dismal by nature, it's to be expected. But I wonder if things like social media is playing a part in this whole thing. If someone was a loser 20 years ago, he didn't have the option to compare his life to other ppl in general. But now, you can compare every aspect of your life to other ppl, which I'm sure isn't good thing for ppl who are insecure.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The idea that so many issues are "white people problems" are exactly why many things go unaddressed.
You might laugh and shyt when white folks stay talking about mental health, but biologically speaking, we are prone to the same shyt, but culturally, we gonna ignore it.

There is a reason there are ads targeted towards black males to get checked for a number of issues from high blood pressure to heart disease. We dont take that shyt seriously. "White people problems" will be the death of many black folks.

semtex

:)
Daps
The idea that so many issues are "white people problems" are exactly why many things go unaddressed.
You might laugh and shyt when white folks stay talking about mental health, but biologically speaking, we are prone to the same shyt, but culturally, we gonna ignore it.

There is a reason there are ads targeted towards black males to get checked for a number of issues from high blood pressure to heart disease. We dont take that shyt seriously. "White people problems" will be the death of many.
Yep it's like black folks denying their own humanity. That conditioning :wow:

Soon

Banned
Daps

There is a reason there are ads targeted towards black males to get checked for a number of issues from high blood pressure to heart disease. We dont take that shyt seriously. "White people problems" will be the death of many black folks.

Dr. Umar Johnson addresesses this issue. He does have wild ideas about UFOs existing and socioeconomic issues.

But he makes good points about mental health and I think he would do a great job as a child psychologist if he wasn't trying to be a hotep.

If a psychologist gets paid the same either way, they rather do family therapist or marriage counseling.

I feel men in general do not like seeing doctors, and black women don't get the best treatment because treating white folks with first world problems is much easier than taking us black folks with complicated issues.

My sister's psychologist was trash and my sister stop going after 2 sessions.

Klyk21

Hate is Rising, Love is Dying....
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Ga
Damn, thread ended on post 11

That's the problem with people like the OP, they just spout bullshyt with no type of sources whatsoever
Bruh, what the fukk. I gave MY observations bruh g'damn. What the fukk you saying I'm just spouting bullshyt for? What sources is there to check when I said "seemed like" not "black people have.." you dumb fukk. I'm about sick of you tbh

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of us are fighting our demons alone....its a tough fight...I think that t would be a lot easier if we all got along tho...no reason why why gotta go to war with each other

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This happened plenty in the 90s.

It's just that the black community has a strong tendency to ignore mental illness combined with lack of social media back then.

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
We have so many struggles in our community with lack of support systems. We as blacks aren't accepting of people with mental illnesses, social issues, and emotional issues. Poverty and so many blacks who are struggling financially will cause a lot of us to be unable to seek treatment. Financial issues can cause stress as well. Our black men have a lot on our shoulders as well as some black women. We get discriminated against by other races as well as our own.