I lived in Chicago for years and I've never been to a mall there

Sleepy Floyd

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
I was just reminiscing on my years growing up on the South Side of Chicago and I just realized that we never went to the mall

:ohhh:
We always went to this local spot on 87th St to get clothes and shoes. And there was another black owned store close by to get video games and appliances. The furthest we would drive is to Moo and Oink's for some food

I don't even know what the name of the mall is in Chicago. The first mall I went to was Mall of America in Minnesota later on

Is that normal or were my family just outliers

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
29155994-a-broke-cartoon-man-pulls-his-empty-pockets-inside-out.jpg

drederick tatum

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I was just reminiscing on my years growing up on the South Side of Chicago and I just realized that we never went to the mall

We always went to this local spot on 87th St to get clothes and shoes. And there was another black owned store close by to get video games and appliances. The furthest we would drive is to Moo and Oink's for some food

I don't even know what the name of the mall is in Chicago. The first mall I went to was Mall of America in Minnesota later on

I lived around the corner from Moo & Oink :pachaha:

Xyrax

Superstar
Daps
You’ve never been to Evergreen Plaza back in the day or Ford City? Both started falling off in the 90s though.
Literally came here to post this. Aint no way you lived there during those times and didnt end up in evergreen plaza at least ONCE my guy.

Sad to hear its fallen off apparently though. I havent been to chicago in over 10 years. I guess malls and stuff are falling off all over though.

Edub

Veteran
Daps

The Mall of America visit was a real experience for you then huh. I remember when malls were poppin up everywhere in the early 90’s …early on it was dope.