I saw this old school picture on XXL instagram yesterday and all I could do was sigh

Pier7

Superstar
Daps
But Kirby, Cole and Kendrick are hot NOW. this is their era :dwillhuh:

They are at their peak. We are talking about the successors :smugbiden:

They came into the game 6/7 years ago and now run it.

In 5 years, the 15 and 16 years olds are gonna be listening to Lil Yachty n Desiigner :huhldup:

Pier7

Superstar
Daps
The game almost had it right in 2010/2011 :whew:. Non violent regular nikka content with edge and swag :wow:

but somehow we have gone to this? :wtf: :mindblown:

vheiVi.gif

Big Daddy

Fight or die fighting, no surrender.
Daps
ONE THiNG YOU GOTTA REALiZE iS THUG, UZi, YACHTY AND THE REST ARE NOT THE ONLY RAPPERS ON THE COME UP. iF YOU ONLY PAY ATTENTiON TO THE BLOGS THEN MAYBE, BUT THERES ALOT OF DOPE shyt OUT THERE. THAT DOESNT FiT iNTO THAT "BLONDE DREAD WEiRDO" RHETORiC YOU JUST MENTiONED.

Show some examples then breh :lupe:

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
How many times do these threads get made in a week?

The 90s had some wack rappers too bro

Stop reaching. 90s had wack rappers but the wack rappers of the 90s sound not so bad compared to whats considered elite today. You nikkas and your annoying revisionist history. Plus the wack rappers back in the day at least had some type of endearing personality and they werent emasculated weirdos

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
young coli nikkas will be in they feelings over this thread.

they're so mad whenever the truth gets stated. in the 90s a mid 20s black male was the ceo of a company. now a mid 20s black male is some childish emasculated swag rapper with dyed hair who talks like a 4th grader.

but "90s had wack rappers too". what a weak ass retort

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
ONE THiNG YOU GOTTA REALiZE iS THUG, UZi, YACHTY AND THE REST ARE NOT THE ONLY RAPPERS ON THE COME UP. iF YOU ONLY PAY ATTENTiON TO THE BLOGS THEN MAYBE, BUT THERES ALOT OF DOPE shyt OUT THERE. THAT DOESNT FiT iNTO THAT "BLONDE DREAD WEiRDO" RHETORiC YOU JUST MENTiONED.

thats not the issue. the issue is that its the blonde hair weirdo rappers are the ones being pushed by major outlets which is clearly going to have an effect on the image of black men. yeah there still real nikkas elsewhere. but they're not the ones being promoted. we shouldnt have to *search* for good representation. thats bullshyt

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Stop reaching. 90s had wack rappers but the wack rappers of the 90s sound not so bad compared to whats considered elite today. You nikkas and your annoying revisionist history. Plus the wack rappers back in the day at least had some type of endearing personality and they werent emasculated weirdos
"Reaching"?

"You nikkas"?

This myth about every rapper in the 90s being amazing needs to stop. What you're doing is revisionist history.

There's so much music out there, how hard is it to just ignore the bullshyt? I can't name 2 Young Thug songs cause I can easily avoid that bullshyt

Pier7

Superstar
Daps
Are you bozo's purposefully being obtuse. Or do you think I am just talking about fashion here?

YOU nikkaS DONT SEE ANYTHING FUNDAMENTALLY WRONG WITH THESE nikkaS PERSONALITY'S AND INTELLIGENCE? :wtf: :mindblown:

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
they're so mad whenever the truth gets stated. in the 90s a mid 20s black male was the ceo of a company. now a mid 20s black male is some childish emasculated swag rapper with dyed hair who talks like a 4th grader.

but "90s had wack rappers too". what a weak ass retort
Wait what?

This generation has a lot more successful independent young black males. The fukk you talkin about:dahell:

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
"Reaching"?

"You nikkas"?

This myth about every rapper in the 90s being amazing needs to stop. What you're doing is revisionist history.

There's so much music out there, how hard is it to just ignore the bullshyt? I can't name 2 Young Thug songs cause I can easily avoid that bullshyt

Bro bad music happened back them but those rappers were slandered and were shut down immediately. Knock it the fukk off. Biters back in the day were called out. Now its no problem to be a blatant biter i.e. Desiigner. For every MC Hammer in the 90s you had 10 DMX's. Today its the opposite. Just stop it. And i dont give a fukk about how "theres still good great music out there you just have to find it" why the fukk do we have to "find" it? Why cant it be mass promoted? Music is entertainment, not analytical research. "Finding" good music is only something hardcore music fans do but not the average person. So no, its not the fukking same. Back in the day you could turn on a radio and hear Scarface "I Seen A man Die". Now we gotta dig deep on soundcloud just to find songs on the same caliber of that kind of substance? fukk out of here