I wish the the bullshyt would stop with job interviews

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
Realest post in this thread. Yes you will feel disgusted and a sell out, but if you follow what this guy is doing, you will thrive.

I don't agree. This only works if you have significant work experience which is of course extremely difficult to come by without a college degree.

We can't use outliers and exceptions as examples, especially when it comes to your economic future. A lot of these people use filters to sort out

potential candidates and I can almost guarantee you that not having a 4 year degree is the ultimate filter in sorting people out past the name and of course

:mjpls: filter.

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
pretty much is you do not have a mind of your own and you look forward to pleasing white people you will nail the job to meet their black person quota.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
It's a bunch of corny, fake bullshyt... :snoop:

"Sir why do you want to work for us?" :sas2:

:dahell: my nikka I'm unemployed, I'm fukking popped fukk you mean why?

You gotta say some bullshyt like

"I feel I would be a tremendous asset to your company I feel like my skillset is ideal for your companies philosophy and I see this as a tremendous opportunity for me to enhance my portfolio and get to where I want to be. I see this as a prosperous, fruitful, long-term marriage down the road."

:mjlol:

Yo, the are you a team player question is the worst. :francis:
"So Zero, when was the last time you went above and beyond? :jbhmm:"

:dame:

Virtuous_Brotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's tough out there breh:francis:, that's why it's so important for black males to network with each other and focus on group economics, so black men as a whole can find employment.
We really do breh, knowing how the system works we are obviously 100 times more nervous at interviews than white folks or asians, hell I've even canceled some interviews at small start up gigs (mostly run by white "nerds") because i'm not trying to see that awkward look of surprise when they see i'm black and knowing they are much more likely to hire someone they would want hang out with than the larger and more well known organizations that have equal opportunities policies to fill .

I came out of an interview yesterday, while i was taking my technical test the interviewer (very laid back white dude) asks me what my middle name was and i tell him with the :jbhmm: face wondering why he was asking. Then he says he will let me know why he was asking when i'm done and i'm like ok.
So when i'm done he jokingly says he had a feeling I would be ethnic from my name but i should consider putting my middle name (more white sounding) on my resume and that he recently read an article that some recruiters have tendencies to throw applications in the trash when the applicant has an ethnic name. I know dude meant well but for him to boldly come out and advise me on that says it all really it was an international company built on equal opportunities and shyt anyway so i guess I have more of a chance of getting the job than a white person :pachaha:.

Concerned Citizen

Stevie Wonder 2099
Daps
The entire setup is fake as hell. Trying to tap dance for a job even though you're overqualified. :dahell:

I just had a job interview with two white women (in Atlanta) for a marketing position for a professional association. I was the first interview (from what they said)... and received a "position filled" email in less than 24 hours :sadbron: :what: :birdman:

Is it me or are they only hiring the Black dudes that are feminine or wont speak their minds or look like the cornball type?

I have a degree and a father so im not gonna be going into interviews flimsy and on some thankya suh to be here-type shyt
Breh you need to take a look in the mirror and see how you can upgrade the operation. You gotta turn on the charm in an interview not tap dance eat watermelon but present yourself as the kinda person that people want to be around. If you went into that joint with a hard black male demeanor you just made things harder for yourself to get the position. An interview with 2 white women should've been a breeze for any brother properly applying his social skills. Hell, I've been at my current legal govt contracting gig for going on 4 years in June and I've received 3 raises and 2 promotions in that time by doing decent work with good people skills.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
The entire setup is fake as hell. Trying to tap dance for a job even though you're overqualified.
It's not a setup when the employer has a legitimate need.
However, it is a fake song-and-dance when they already have a candidate in mind but put the job listing out there because of legal obligations. Usually in those cases, they will e-mail you back that they are looking at other candidates and won't even bring you in for an interview.

I just had a job interview with two white women (in Atlanta) for a marketing position for a professional association. I was the first interview (from what they said)... and received a "position filled" email in less than 24 hours
Well, it could be like situation 2 I noted above. Possibly filled internally.

Is it me or are they only hiring the Black dudes that are feminine or wont speak their minds or look like the cornball type?
I don't know. I'm Asian.

I have a degree and a father so im not gonna be going into interviews flimsy and on some thankya suh to be here-type shyt
Well, you always have to put your best foot forward. You never know. In every case, the employer wants to find the best candidate and would prefer to interview all possible candidates.
If you were in their shoes, you wouldn't just hire the first dude you interviewed. You want to keep your options open and see if there's a better candidate. If there's no one better, you give the first dude a call back. :manny: