Ice Cube Confirms New 'Friday' Sequel. [UPDATE: In Production]

BlackMafia

Superstar
Daps
Ice Cube Making New 'Friday' Movie, According to John Witherspoon (VIDEO)

HUGE NEWS from Ice Cube Friday morning ... courtesy of his co-star and movie dad, John Witherspoon -- there's a new 'Friday' movie coming!

John was on the radio in Orlando when he dropped the bombshell news, saying he'd just spoken to Cube, who told him the project got the greenlight from studio honchos.

It's been 15 years since "Friday After Next" ... and a lot's changed since then. Cube's a bonafide power player in Hollywood now -- with the success of "Straight Outta Compton" -- which could mean bigger budget for the 'Friday' sequel.

The big question: can he get Chris Tucker, aka Smokey, back this time?

And you know this, mannn!

I don't usually post TMZ shyt, but:blessed:by this news. A day after 4/20 too.

BlackMafia

Superstar
Daps
This pops up every few years like the announcement of a new solo Andre 3k album
shyt has been Detox status for a while, but Cube is in a much better position now to make it happen.

Imagine all the cameos though:ohlawd:Bring back Miss Parker.
grid-cell-31552-1416345824-13.jpg

She old af now, but they could make her have a hot daughter in the new one.

Daps
Yeah I don't know. It's felt like an eternity since the last friday. The culture has changed so much since 02 it's hard to imagine how the characters are gonna adapt when they're 15 years older.:flabbynsick:

I don't get the bigger budget part cuz Friday never really relied on a big budget in the first place.

Cube should just make a spin off or something. :yeshrug:

BlackMafia

Superstar
Daps
I don't get the bigger budget part cuz Friday never really relied on a big budget in the first place.

Cube should just make a spin off or something. :yeshrug:
They gonna need a big budget to bring back most of the stars that are making a lot more money now. Nia Long, Chris Tucker, Mike Epps, John Witherspoon, Regina King will all want more money.

BlackMafia

Superstar
Daps
People relapse all the time

Either way they need smokey, epps blows
It'd be funny if they show Smokey relapsing in the new one. That would be a plot in itself.

Epps is good in my books. I was laughing my ass off watching Meet The Blacks and his Uncle Buck show last year.