Ice Cube Names Lil Wayne Is The Best Rapper Of All Time

Jayou Ayen

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The East Bay
Cube is showing growth giving Wayne props. Back in the day, The Source would ask rappers to give their top five and best albums each year. Ice Cube would only list rappers on his label and their albums.

Mag Wheel

Pro
Daps
How can one of the greatest to ever do it be the most washed up (lyrically) to ever wash up?

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
If Wayne dies, everyone that hated on him will eventually start riding on the bandwagon and will have to eat crow.

Look at MJ for example. In the mid 2000's, everyone was making mean jokes about him but as soon as he dies, everyone started to act like they were his biggest fans and most of em weren't even around for the pinnacle of his career.

On the contrary, Wayne has paid his dues already.

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
Wayne deserves props more than he deserves hate. I wouldn’t say he’s the outright best ever but he’s is up there with the elite. The fact that he was 16 years old recording Block is Hot and has been able to stay successful and relevant since then is hip hop history. Wayne is first ballot HOF.

Facts.

Wayne carried Young Money/Cash Money on his back while everyone was snapping their fingers in 5XL White Tees and Stunna Shades.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wayne deserves props more than he deserves hate. I wouldn’t say he’s the outright best ever but he’s is up there with the elite. The fact that he was 16 years old recording Block is Hot and has been able to stay successful and relevant since then is hip hop history. Wayne is first ballot HOF.

Wayne definitely deserves props. Honestly speaking, none of what he was doing pre- 2004 is why he's revered though. This isn't an LL Cool J type situation where LL was 16-17 with Radio, which is a landmark Hip Hop album. And he had a couple of others after that including BAD and Mama Said Knock You Out. LL was the template.

I have no issues with someone feeling Wayne is the best ever even if I disagree, but in terms of longevity, what he's doing has been done before.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Wayne dies, everyone that hated on him will eventually start riding on the bandwagon and will have to eat crow.

Look at MJ for example. In the mid 2000's, everyone was making mean jokes about him but as soon as he dies, everyone started to act like they were his biggest fans and most of em weren't even around for the pinnacle of his career.

On the contrary, Wayne has paid his dues already.

Everybody made MJ jokes, but this is not remotely the same. Even with the jokes Michael Jackson was still respected. I don't even know why you even mentioned MJ.

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
Everybody made MJ jokes, but this is not remotely the same. Even with the jokes Michael Jackson was still respected. I don't even know why you even mentioned MJ.

U had Eminem clowning him, Chris Rock, South Park and Family Guy making cutaway jokes involving his case.

Hell, Katt Williams went off on him during his bit over Martha Stewart and Lil Kim going to jail.

"Michael Jackson over here smelling like Little Boys bootyholes"

"U can't name a nikka baby Blanket"

"MJ forgot that he was a nikka and that it was is supporting him when he had that big Bell Pepper nose".

Katt was angry.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
No shyt. I been saying Wayne is the GOAT for a very long time. I don’t understand how you can actually listen to damn near any Wayne mixtape and not agree. There isn’t a rapper on earth (or dead) that can come up with those genius bars