Idaho hospital to stop delivering babies. One reason? ‘Bills that criminalize physicians’

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's not what I was saying... In general narratives of the issue of abortion is dominated by the most obnoxious and unreasonable on both sides of the conversation, so there's no room for a reasonable discussion or an open mind.
None of the discourse matters. The facts are abortions are absolutely a medical necessity in more cases than folks realize. Abortions are more than political, they are made a moral issue by religious folks who happen to dominate one side of the political spectrum. They are the only side tipping the boat all the way over. Discourse around it be damned when speaking philosophically, dogmatic white supremacists are pushing this issue to this extreme. Not both sides, them.

Mind you, religious right leaning Supreme Court candidates lied about their stance on the matter and first chance they got sacked Roe. This is absolutely NOT a both sides issue.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wasn't nobody talking bout no both sides in the way way you heard it. What's wrong with you?
The word politics was used in your post. They implies political parties. Pro life and pro choice were your words. The only people who argue fervently about one side pr the other typically vote with the party that is on their side on this wedge issue. To acknowledge that it has become political is to acknowledge the different sides have political stakes, but only one is pushing the button. Pro choice folks are NOT advocating for late term abortions willy nilly (which is usually a pro life talking point) but pro life people are absolutely working towards total bans in an irrefutable way. The same way they exaggerate that the left wants to take away guns by virtue of gun control laws, yet their states opting to make gun ownership with no training or registration means that if there is two extreme political positions on a subject, the leftist version is usually fantasy and hyperbole while the right is actually pursuing theirs. You cant say “both sides” on an issue where clearly only one is going against the grain.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
None of the discourse matters. The facts are abortions are absolutely a medical necessity in more cases than folks realize. Abortions are more than political, they are made a moral issue by religious folks who happen to dominate one side of the political spectrum. They are the only side tipping the boat all the way over. Discourse around it be damned when speaking philosophically, dogmatic white supremacists are pushing this issue to this extreme. Not both sides, them.

Mind you, religious right leaning Supreme Court candidates lied about their stance on the matter and first chance they got sacked Roe. This is absolutely NOT a both sides issue.
C'mon with this man. Conservatives go way too far, but don't sit there and tell there ain't people on the left who don't give two fukks about the well fare of women. They know the women's right to choose argument registers loud with voters so run the full court press.

Truth is... undercover, more conservatives get abortions than anybody else, and a lot of the pro choice women will look at you like you ain't shyt if you go head and kill your baby. Nobody's trying to hear the input of medical health care professionals It's the goto polarizing political argument.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka

Kelcie Moseley-Morris
Sat, March 18, 2023 at 5:35 AM GMT+4·3 min read

Bonner General Health, the only hospital in Sandpoint, announced Friday that it will no longer provide obstetrical services to the city of more than 9,000 people, meaning patients will have to drive 46 miles for labor and delivery care.

The hospital’s board of directors and senior leadership called the decision emotional and difficult, and cited a loss of pediatricians, changing demographics and Idaho’s legal and political climate around health care as the reasons.

“We have made every effort to avoid eliminating these services,” said Ford Elsaesser, the hospital’s board president, in a news release. “We hoped to be the exception, but our challenges are impossible to overcome now.”

005e551afe0200f7b7acefb1b59abb76

Bonner General Health’s hospital in Sandpoint, in North Idaho.

“Without pediatrician coverage to manage neonatal resuscitations and perinatal care, it is unsafe and unethical to offer routine labor and delivery services,” said the news release, which citing months of negotiations that sought to avoid the outcome. “BGH has reached out to other active and retired providers in the community requesting assistance with pediatric call coverage with no long-term sustainable solutions.”

The hospital said it would make every attempt to continue deliveries through May 19, but said it will depend on staffing. It will continue to provide women’s health services at Sandpoint Women’s Health and collaborate with Kootenai Health in Coeur d’Alene, which is about an hour from Sandpoint, to provide obstetrical care.

Bonner General Health delivered 265 babies in 2022 and admitted fewer than 10 pediatric patients, according to the news release. That is a decrease from prior years that reflects a nationwide decrease in births and an older population moving to Bonner County.

cfe7115ae7b19c18275483c93b661bb4

Bonner General Health’s March 17, 2023, news release announcing that the hospital in Sandpoint, in North Idaho, will discontinue labor and delivery services.

Physicians could face felony charges, lose licenses​

The release also said highly respected, talented physicians are leaving the state, and recruiting replacements will be “extraordinarily difficult.”

Idaho has one of the most restrictive abortion bans in the country, with affirmative defenses in court only for documented instances of rape, incest or to save the pregnant person’s life. Physicians are subject to felony charges and the revocation of their medical licenses for violating the statute, which the Idaho Supreme Court in January determined is constitutional.

“The Idaho Legislature continues to introduce and pass bills that criminalize physicians for medical care nationally recognized as the standard of care,” the hospital’s news release said. “Consequences for Idaho physicians providing the standard of care may include civil litigation and criminal prosecution, leading to jail time or fines.”

Longtime OB-GYN says she’s leaving Idaho​

Dr. Amelia Huntsberger, an obstetrician-gynecologist at Bonner General Health, said in an email to States Newsroom, a national nonprofit whose newsrooms include the Idaho Capital Sun in Boise, that she will soon leave the hospital and the state because of the abortion laws and the Legislature’s decision not to continue the state’s maternal mortality review committee.

“What a sad, sad state of affairs for our community,” Huntsberger wrote.

Linda Larson, who has lived in Sandpoint for 36 years and delivered her first child at Bonner General Health, said the community relies on the hospital for much of its health care services, including physical therapy and routine blood work.

“It’s just breaking my heart to see what’s happening,” Larson said. “It’s a wonderful hospital; they have excellent care. I just can’t say enough good things about it.”

Where to get OB-GYN care in far North Idaho​

Sandpoint Women’s Health will not accept new obstetrics patients effective immediately and offered a referral list for patients to use for their care.

Other hospitals that can still take labor and delivery patients are:

• Cabinet Peaks OB/GYN in Libby, Montana
  • Coeur OBGYN in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
  • Health Care for Women in Coeur d’Alene
  • Kootenai Clinic OB-GYN in Coeur d’Alene
  • Kootenai Clinic OB-GYN in Post Falls, Idaho
  • Newport Hospital in Newport, Washington
Off topic, but didn't The Joker blow that hospital up in Dark Knight :russ:

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps

Half of all abortions are not even surgical but with the abortion pill mifepristone. The real shyt storm is coming when the Trump selected judge restricts or bans use that will affect ALL states in the lawsuit challenging FDAs ability to approve mail order medicines.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
The word politics was used in your post. They implies political parties. Pro life and pro choice were your words. The only people who argue fervently about one side pr the other typically vote with the party that is on their side on this wedge issue. To acknowledge that it has become political is to acknowledge the different sides have political stakes, but only one is pushing the button. Pro choice folks are NOT advocating for late term abortions willy nilly (which is usually a pro life talking point) but pro life people are absolutely working towards total bans in an irrefutable way. The same way they exaggerate that the left wants to take away guns by virtue of gun control laws, yet their states opting to make gun ownership with no training or registration means that if there is two extreme political positions on a subject, the leftist version is usually fantasy and hyperbole while the right is actually pursuing theirs. You cant say “both sides” on an issue where clearly only one is going against the grain.
I didn't say both sides. You saw the two words together in a sentence and went to that toxic argument for no reason.

But since you brought it up. IN MY OPINION, the loudest voices on both sides sound like the ramblings of the mentally ill to me. Like they just want to win and yelling the loudest will get them the most points. It eventually all comes to do "no abortion even if you gotta die" or "if you don't want a child, you shouldn't be forced to have one and you have the right to let all the homies hit"

That's how it all sounds to me.

I was just saying saying good advice like consulting a trusted doctor is lost in all the noise that's coming from booth sides aof the argument... and that's all I was saying

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
C'mon with this man. Conservatives go way too far, but don't sit there and tell there ain't people on the left who don't give two fukks about the well fare of women. They know the women's right to choose argument registers loud with voters so run the full court press.

Truth is... undercover, more conservatives get abortions than anybody else, and a lot of the pro choice women will look at you like you ain't shyt if you go head and kill your baby. Nobody's trying to hear the input of medical health care professionals It's the goto polarizing political argument.
I didn't say both sides. You saw the two words together in a sentence and went to that toxic argument for no reason.

But since you brought it up. IN MY OPINION, the loudest voices on both sides sound like the ramblings of the mentally ill to me. Like they just want to win and yelling the loudest will get them the most points. It eventually all comes to do "no abortion even if you gotta die" or "if you don't want a child, you shouldn't be forced to have one and you have the right to let all the homies hit"

I was just saying saying good advice like consulting a trusted doctor is lost in all the noise that's coming from booth sides aof the argument... and that's all I was saying
Look, imma say it like this cause im not even opposed in principle to what you are saying. The problem is discourse doesnt matter. What people say and feel dont matter. What really matters is what is legislated or not so the individual discourse is not nearly as important. The supreme court and right-leaning people in power have pushed their pieces and are going to reap huge consequences. They tied their wagon to religious nuttery and are making moves. What a pro choice person says is nothing in that case because they are not the ones trampling over everyones right to an abortion *and* basic care That sometimes require abortions for the sake of the woman. We can talk about slapping each other all we want but when one of us actually strikes the other, dont chide both, talk to the mf who threw hands. They are the problem.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether

Ain't no #bothsides.

The Republicans are wrong on this subject. Roe v Wade was fine the way it was.

Know how I can tell they are wrong? Because the people in that area cannot get their babies delivered at the local hospital now.

All the doctors of a certain type are leaving the state meaning people have to drive to other states for what should be basic things.

Republicans fukced the laws in that state up to create this outcome. Republicans.

Same Republicans that will drive their daughter to the abortion man when she gets pregnant by a Coli Breh. Hypocrites and scoundrels all, those Republicans.

#bothsides is flat out wrong so stop trying to promote bullshyt.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Whether you are pro life or pro choice, everybody loses when health care becomes political. This is the the one issue where I can say narratives on both sides have been taking over by the most obnoxious, all or nothing types. An idea as basic as having a consultation with your doctor will have mofos seething.
:mjpls:

if thats the case, why are doctors leaving red states instead of just retiring?

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Ain't no #bothsides.

The Republicans are wrong on this subject. Roe v Wade was fine the way it was.

Know how I can tell they are wrong? Because the people in that area cannot get their babies delivered at the local hospital now.

All the doctors of a certain type are leaving the state meaning people have to drive to other states for what should be basic things.

Republicans fukced the laws in that state up to create this outcome. Republicans.

Same Republicans that will drive their daughter to the abortion man when she gets pregnant by a Coli Breh. Hypocrites and scoundrels all, those Republicans.

#bothsides is flat out wrong so stop trying to promote bullshyt.
I wasn't talking bout no dam both sides... I said the extreme arguments coming from both sides makes it hard to come to a rational decision.
And that's all I was saying, but I guess those words "both and "sides" together in a sentence are trigger words around here.

Fukk you for putting that on me

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
:mjpls:

if thats the case, why are doctors leaving red states instead of just retiring?
Are y'all retarded? I wasn't even talking bout that.

.... A young woman on the fence on rather to have an abortion isn't going to hear sound advice in the extreme noise coming from the two alternative extreme voices.

That's all I said in my original post.

but fukk it though. I'm out of here.

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wasn't talking bout no dam both sides... I said the extreme arguments coming from both sides makes it hard to come to a rational decision.
And that's all I was saying, but I guess those words "both and "sides" together in a sentence are trigger words around here.

What are the extreme arguments from the left? I'm pretty sure most people pro abortion are pro woman autnomomy over their bodies. Rightwingers are the ones who want to tell women what they can do and not only that but even if your life is threatened as a mother it's not justifiable to many on the right to abort a child.

Your need to both sides the issue is giving Republicans cover to avoid any responsibility in the mess they are creating. Before Roe v Wade overturning, things were working pretty well. Not sure how both sides are responsible for that.

Both sides is just lazy observations and you should be able to back up what you say logically or just don't say it.

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Are y'all retarded? I wasn't even talking bout that.

.... A young woman on the fence on rather to have an abortion isn't going to hear sound advice in the extreme noise coming from the two alternative extreme voices.

That's all I said in my original post.

but fukk it though. I'm out of here.
take this neg on your way out. :camby:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether

You're still saying liberals and Democrats are doing something to make this a problem.

I am saying that the liberal point of view which has been law of the land for most of our lifetimes is correct. Women should get to choose for themselves.

Is late term abortion horrifying? Yes. Are women who have half a dozen abortions because they are too lazy to use protection.. are they doing it wrong? Yes.

I would limit abortion to some degree if I was in charge. So the extreme point of view where you can have any type and number of abortions is too far..

But that doesn't make your local hospital close. That doesn't endanger OTHER WOMENS lives cause doctors are afraid to treat them.

If they would have left things alone. THEY being REPUBLICANS then we wouldn't even be having a debate.

I see you keep writing "I just mean that the Liberals are also wrong on this subject". THATS WHAT WE ARE DISAGREEING WITH YOU ON. The Liberals are not wrong. The Liberals are right and things should have stayed how they were.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
What are the extreme arguments from the left? I'm pretty sure most people pro abortion are pro woman autnomomy over their bodies. Rightwingers are the ones who want to tell women what they can do and not only that but even if your life is threatened as a mother it's not justifiable to many on the right to not abort a child.

Your need to both sides the issue is giving Republicans cover to avoid any responsibility in the mess they are creating. Before Roe v Wade overturning, things were working pretty well. Not sure how both sides are responsible for that.

Both sides is just lazy observations and you should be able to back up what you say logically or just don't say it.
This is what I said that got turned into a both sides conversation for no reason.
Here's the jist of it:
"It's bad when healthcare decisions are taking out of the hands of medical professionals."
"When it comes to the issue of abortion, the vocal minority form both sides end up overwhelming the conversation"
"When everybody is shouting it's hard to hear the voice of the experts on the matter"

An argument that I never made got projected on me. Instead of worrying about it I'm bout to run to the office and get some work done.
Whether you are pro life or pro choice, everybody loses when health care becomes political. This is the the one issue where I can say narratives on both sides have been taking over by the most obnoxious, all or nothing types. An idea as basic as having a consultation with your doctor will have mofos seething.