If Brock wins at the Chamber, he will have taken the title from every Black WWE champ

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
chris-jericho-undisputed-wwf-champion.jpg

Mark Henry and Booker T won the title on the right. The WCW championship (big gold belt), that was later reintroduced as the World Heavyweight Championship after the unification happened at the end of 2001. The title on the left is the WWF/E championship that has all the WWF/E lineage. The title they didn't allow black folks to win until recently
Thanks for explaining that like a reasonable person. + rep

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Seriously, what's wrong with y'all. Is it really that serious? How do your life get to to where you're clowning people on Saturday night for not knowing every minute detail of the WWE?

So I actually looked it up and it sounds like I wasn't even wrong.

WWE World Heavyweight Championship[edit]
On December 15, 2013, the Big Gold Belt was used in conjunction with the existing WWE Championship belt to represent the unified championship known as the WWE World Heavyweight Championship (the name has since reverted to the WWE Championship). However, much like how Chris Jericho carried both physical title belts as Undisputed WWF Champion, the title history for the World Heavyweight Championship was retired as this lineage follows that of WWE's original world title. On the August 18, 2014, episode of Raw, a single, redesigned WWE Championship belt was presented to then-champion Brock Lesnar, and the Big Gold Belt was finally retired.

If the gold belt belt became the WWE championship belt that Brock held in 2014 and the post is about who held the WWE championship, then wtf are y'all talking about. Whatever.

mattw1313

Superstar
Daps
If the gold belt belt became the WWE championship belt that Brock held in 2014 and the post is about who held the WWE championship, then wtf are y'all talking about. Whatever.

it was just kinda subsumed by the WWE championship. but when it existed separately, it was a lower belt, so the lineage is still treated separately.

like, when Booker T held it, someone else was WWE champion, and they were the top champion. so when you combine them, that doesn't change the fact that it was a lower title when it existed separately. make sense?

it would be like if they decided to get rid of the intercontinental title, so Bobbly Lashley won it, and just started coming out with one belt and never talked about the IC ever again. we wouldn't then say that Apollo Crews is a former WWE champion

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
it was just kinda subsumed by the WWE championship. but when it existed separately, it was a lower belt, so the lineage is still treated separately.

like, when Booker T held it, someone else was WWE champion, and they were the top champion. so when you combine them, that doesn't change the fact that it was a lower title when it existed separately. make sense?

it would be like if they decided to get rid of the intercontinental title, so Bobbly Lashley won it, and just started coming out with one belt and never talked about the IC ever again. we wouldn't then say that Apollo Crews is a former WWE champion
I get it.

I remember King Booker and Mark Henry with the House of Pain were awesome. They were booked so much better than how Big E was.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
It's rumored they are wanting Title for Title at WM so it seems this is the way they are doing it.

They could have just......let Lesnar keep the title heading into WrestleMania. :skip:

Why do they always choose the most convoluted way to make something happen? :hhh:

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
I get it.

I remember King Booker and Mark Henry with the House of Pain were awesome. They were booked so much better than how Big E was.
You can say w/o a doubt they were World champs (Booker/Henry), i.e. the top title for that brand, be it Raw or SD.

They just never held the WWE Title, the one with the lineage back to 1963.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
They could have just......let Lesnar keep the title heading into WrestleMania. :skip:

Why do they always choose the most convoluted way to make something happen? :hhh:
Yeah but how do you get him to face Roman if he is WWE champ? You'd have the Rumble winner either pick Roman or Brock.

How they are doing is yes convoluted but it does make sense if you break it down. Brock loses title, wins Rumble, chooses Roman, so that match is set and then is put in the Chamber, wins that, becomes WWE Champ. Now it's title for title.

Not saying it's ideal just trying to explain it. :manny:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Yeah but how do you get him to face Roman if he is WWE champ? You'd have the Rumble winner either pick Roman or Brock.

How they are doing is yes convoluted but it does make sense if you break it down. Brock loses title, wins Rumble, chooses Roman, so that match is set and then is put in the Chamber, wins that, becomes WWE Champ. Now it's title for title.

Not saying it's ideal just trying to explain it. :manny:

You know what? You're right. Somebody still has to win the Rumble and challenge one of them.

Since they have world champions in the Rumble now, maybe Lesnar enters and wins. As his prize, he gets to pick his own challenger at WrestleMania 38. He chooses Roman, title vs. title match at WrestleMania.

Or maybe Lesnar never wins the WWE Championship at Day 1. He just enters the Rumble and wins. He says that he doesn't want to wait until WrestleMania and uses his title shot at the Elimination Chamber, which he wins. Now, there's a problem since the Royal Rumble winner won't challenge the champion at WrestleMania, but Lesnar decides to fix that by facing Roman.

I'll give them credit, though: We've never seen two world champions face each other at WrestleMania. I just feel like if they did this match a decade ago, they would have picked a simpler way to do it.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
You know what? You're right. Somebody still has to win the Rumble and challenge one of them.

Since they have world champions in the Rumble now, maybe Lesnar enters and wins. As his prize, he gets to pick his own challenger at WrestleMania 38. He chooses Roman, title vs. title match at WrestleMania.

Or maybe Lesnar never wins the WWE Championship at Day 1. He just enters the Rumble and wins. He says that he doesn't want to wait until WrestleMania and uses his title shot at the Elimination Chamber, which he wins. Now, there's a problem since the Royal Rumble winner won't challenge the champion at WrestleMania, but Lesnar decides to fix that by facing Roman.

I'll give them credit, though: We've never seen two world champions face each other at WrestleMania. I just feel like if they did this match a decade ago, they would have picked a simpler way to do it.
Roman getting Covid put a dent in the plans. Heyman was going to turn on Brock at Day 1 that was obvious. Vince still wanted that to happen so he had Brock win the title and did the turn at the Rumble. I have a feeling Brock still would have won the Rumble if he lost that way at Day 1.

All I know is they have teased the Title vs Title on TV and when they do that it usually comes true.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Brock probably will win Elimination Chamber or win the belt on a random Raw before WM for a unification match

But I wonder if this gets made if Roman doesn't get covid and the original plan of Seth beating E happens. So I don't see much correlation because Brock wasn't supposed to be in that match in the first place. Just seems like a circle jerk from a sub reddit whose favorite promotion barely has any black wrestlers in the first place so it's ironic that they supposedly care.