If Punk main events WrestleMania XXX, does he still leave?

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I was thinking about this earlier because obviously, a lot of things led to Punk leaving in 2014. But knowing how his mind is wired, what bothered him the most was that he didn't get the main event at WrestleMania.

Something tells me that even though his body was fukked up, he would have pushed himself to get through it knowing that he was finally getting what he wanted.

If he got to compete for the title at WrestleMania XXX (replacing Batista in the triple threat), would he have still left the company, maybe on better terms? Or would he have stayed?

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
That kind of depends on what you mean by "leave."

If by "leave," you mean "walks out on the company at some point after the Royal Rumble," then he 100% leaves, because main eventing WM at that point wasn't what he wanted.

According to him, he outright told Vince and Hunter than Bryan should be in the main event. What he actually wanted was to get healthy and decompress; I don't think there was anything they could have done to keep him around after the Royal Rumble that year. He was physically and mentally burned out.

I think he comes back if they don't fukk with him the way they did, but not until after at least 9 months or so away. He needed a Jericho 2005-2007 or Big Show 2006-2008 type of break, and I think if he got something like that, WWE wouldn't have lost him, or at least would have kept him longer.

If by leave, you mean "eventually leaves the company altogether," then...probably. Punk's too much of a wrestling fan to just accept some of the bullshyt WWE creative would have given him, or how the company operates period, so he would have left. But maybe not for a little while longer depending on his contract status.

Yeah...I think he was just destined to leave. It just wasn't a good environment for him.

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy

If by "leave," you mean "walks out on the company at some point after the Royal Rumble," then he 100% leaves, because main eventing WM at that point wasn't what he wanted.

According to him, he outright told Vince and Hunter than Bryan should be in the main event. What he actually wanted was to get healthy and decompress; I don't think there was anything they could have done to keep him around after the Royal Rumble that year. He was physically and mentally burned out.

I think he comes back if they don't fukk with him the way they did, but not until after at least 9 months or so away. He needed a Jericho 2005-2007 or Big Show 2006-2008 type of break, and I think if he got something like that, WWE wouldn't have lost him, or at least would have kept him longer.

If by leave, you mean "eventually leaves the company altogether," then...probably. Punk's too much of a wrestling fan to just accept some of the bullshyt WWE creative would have given him, or how the company operates period, so he would have left. But maybe not for a little while longer depending on his contract status.

Yeah...I think he was just destined to leave. It just wasn't a good environment for him.
I disagree

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Thank you and perfectly well said.

I think people too much run with that “he’s miserable, unhappy, and ungrateful” shyt too much and too hard while COMPLETELY ignoring all the other factor along with that that made him feel some way.

Coli logic with Punk seems to always been “so what you’re injured, you feel like shyt, and people behind the scenes keep trying you and didn’t like you from the beginning, don’t like you no matter what you did. Make US happy by towing the line and eat every scrap you are being thrown”

It’s just crazy to me:russ:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
He was given alot..beat the Shield by himself.lol..he would find something new to cry about it and fans might of shytted on that main event without Bryan. Bryan was meant to be..not The Rebel

Last edited: