If Punk main events WrestleMania XXX, does he still leave?

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
No he doesn't leave

No matter "the Undertaker vs Punk being the main event" you read and or hear, had he gotten at least one (vs Rock, Cena, Miz whomever) Last Match of the night at Wrestle Mania he'd stick around a lil longer

WWE shot themselves in both their feet with Punk that year: They could have had Rock as a surprise entrant in the Rumble and worked towards a triple threat with Cena pinning The Rock to win the title but instead they made the dumbass decision to book themselves in a corner by having The Rock announce 6 months ahead of time that he essentially was winning the title at the Royal Rumble.

With Taker, they could have built to a career vs title match since Punk would have been champ for about 500 days at that Mania.

Either way, given the circumstances following Mania 29, I don't think it changes anything given his physical condition when he left.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Sacrifice Rock to push the streak? Streak wasn't main eventing when Rock was around. That's just something they fell back on.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
He may have worked WM, but he would've left soon after. The match/feud with Triple H is just what pushed him over the edge. The only match that would've made sense would be Punk vs. Bryan at WM XXX, but I don't know how they would've built to that as they were both babyfaces at the time & teaming up with each other. I guess they could've had Punk turn on Bryan, but then he'd have to side with Triple H which also wouldn't have made sense :heh:

But then again, Punk quitting wouldn't have forced their hand to put Bryan in the main event.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
That kind of depends on what you mean by "leave."

If by "leave," you mean "walks out on the company at some point after the Royal Rumble," then he 100% leaves, because main eventing WM at that point wasn't what he wanted.

According to him, he outright told Vince and Hunter than Bryan should be in the main event. What he actually wanted was to get healthy and decompress; I don't think there was anything they could have done to keep him around after the Royal Rumble that year. He was physically and mentally burned out.

I think he comes back if they don't fukk with him the way they did, but not until after at least 9 months or so away. He needed a Jericho 2005-2007 or Big Show 2006-2008 type of break, and I think if he got something like that, WWE wouldn't have lost him, or at least would have kept him longer.

If by leave, you mean "eventually leaves the company altogether," then...probably. Punk's too much of a wrestling fan to just accept some of the bullshyt WWE creative would have given him, or how the company operates period, so he would have left. But maybe not for a little while longer depending on his contract status.

Yeah...I think he was just destined to leave. It just wasn't a good environment for him.

i dont think he cared to main event in 2014 since by that point he just wanted some time off, it was in 2013 that he wanted to main event in a triple threat vs rock and cena

He may have worked WM, but he would've left soon after. The match/feud with Triple H is just what pushed him over the edge. The only match that would've made sense would be Punk vs. Bryan at WM XXX, but I don't know how they would've built to that as they were both babyfaces at the time & teaming up with each other. I guess they could've had Punk turn on Bryan, but then he'd have to side with Triple H which also wouldn't have made sense :heh:

But then again, Punk quitting wouldn't have forced their hand to put Bryan in the main event.

I know Punk mentioned in the podcast that when he returned in 2013, he was still in that mindset of wanting the WrestleMania main event. He thought to himself that if he just impressed the company with his work, then there's no way he could be denied for the fourth year in a row. As months went by, things became more complicated and Punk was hurt, but if they had done some long-term booking with him to get to the main event, it could have worked.

I was thinking they do a triple threat with Orton, Punk, and Bryan. Punk wins the Royal Rumble, Bryan beats Punk after the Elimination Chamber to get added in, and Punk turns heel. He's not down with The Authority, but he hates the fact that Bryan is trying to cut in on his moment, the dream that he worked so hard for. At that point, nobody is going to cheer Punk over Bryan anyway so it would have worked.

After that, Punk takes a long break and comes back sometime in 2015 or even 2016. He would need to be protected more in 2013-2014 to keep from getting hurt so much, but it would be WWE's last chance to get Punk in the main event.

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
He knew he was undervalued, and knew he was worth more then what he was getting both in pay and respect from the top brass. He deserved at least one main event closing match at WM.
If the HHH/Y2J title match headlined WM18 over ROCKY/Hoegan, there’s no reason they couldn’t do the same for Punk as champion. This goes for anyone as champ heading into WM. :yeshrug:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I know Punk mentioned in the podcast that when he returned in 2013, he was still in that mindset of wanting the WrestleMania main event. He thought to himself that if he just impressed the company with his work, then there's no way he could be denied for the fourth year in a row. As months went by, things became more complicated and Punk was hurt, but if they had done some long-term booking with him to get to the main event, it could have worked.

I was thinking they do a triple threat with Orton, Punk, and Bryan. Punk wins the Royal Rumble, Bryan beats Punk after the Elimination Chamber to get added in, and Punk turns heel. He's not down with The Authority, but he hates the fact that Bryan is trying to cut in on his moment, the dream that he worked so hard for. At that point, nobody is going to cheer Punk over Bryan anyway so it would have worked.

After that, Punk takes a long break and comes back sometime in 2015 or even 2016. He would need to be protected more in 2013-2014 to keep from getting hurt so much, but it would be WWE's last chance to get Punk in the main event.

They just paid Batista a bag to come back, so he was always going to be in the main event. They booked themselves in a bad spot.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
He would just be chasing the 24/7 title around if he still was with dub dub e
thats borderline ridiculous. Jeff Hardy is upper mid to low main events again...Sami Zayn has a title shot on Friday [probably fukkery but still]. There is no reason that he wouldn't be in and out of the main event like Randy Orton or someone now.

But, he had to be holding the WWE title with the credits rolling at WrestleMania or he's blatantly disrespected in the film of his life that runs in his brain.

Mike the Executioner

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
They just paid Batista a bag to come back, so he was always going to be in the main event. They booked themselves in a bad spot.

Batista coming back fukked up my idea, but I was thinking he faces Triple H. He enters the Rumble, loses, and then blames Triple H for it because he should have received an automatic title shot the minute he came back.

Triple H thinks Batista is an ungrateful wannabe movie star that has delusions of grandeur. The only reason he came back is because he needed something to fall back on in case Guardians of the Galaxy failed. As the weeks go on, Batista becomes a face and Triple H is obsessed with beating him at WrestleMania. He never got over what happened in 2005. He throws down the challenge, and Batista accepts, but under one condition: If he wins, he automatically becomes the #1 contender to the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

Triple H would have to lose because The Authority needs to be humbled at WrestleMania, but to tell you the truth, this is just what I came up with to keep Batista away from the main event. At the very least, he's still doing something important and it makes way more sense for him to face Triple H than Punk.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Batista coming back fukked up my idea, but I was thinking he faces Triple H. He enters the Rumble, loses, and then blames Triple H for it because he should have received an automatic title shot the minute he came back.

Triple H thinks Batista is an ungrateful wannabe movie star that has delusions of grandeur. The only reason he came back is because he needed something to fall back on in case Guardians of the Galaxy failed. As the weeks go on, Batista becomes a face and Triple H is obsessed with beating him at WrestleMania. He never got over what happened in 2005. He throws down the challenge, and Batista accepts, but under one condition: If he wins, he automatically becomes the #1 contender to the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

Triple H would have to lose because The Authority needs to be humbled at WrestleMania, but to tell you the truth, this is just what I came up with to keep Batista away from the main event. At the very least, he's still doing something important and it makes way more sense for him to face Triple H than Punk.

Pretty sure that Batista being in the WM main event was in his contract that year, and there's a 0% chance Hunter screws over his boy for someone he doesn't even like. Besides, Batista surely wouldn't take that lying down; it would ultimately cause more problems than it solves.

Mike the Executioner

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Pretty sure that Batista being in the WM main event was in his contract that year, and there's a 0% chance Hunter screws over his boy for someone he doesn't even like. Besides, Batista surely wouldn't take that lying down; it would ultimately cause more problems than it solves.

Damn, really? WWE is lucky things worked out because we could have easily been looking at a bottom five WrestleMania instead of a great one. :snoop:

When WWE just decides to go with their plan and refuses to adjust, you get 32. :snoop: