Status
Not open for further replies.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
So nobody sees this stuff as a slow descent into Nazi fascism.

Congress. Supreme Court. Presidency. All controlled by conservatives who have traditionally touted some of the most anti-Blk policies consistently including voter suppression, rolling back Civil rights laws, affirmative action, women’s rights, constitutional rights, telling armed racists to stand down and stand by, telling them to kidnap and attack political opponents, supporting armed terrorists in state buildings, racial concentration camps at the borders...

Just me?
Cool nevermind.

Been seeing it the whole time his predacessors have been installing all the levers needed to try and pull it off. The question is...how do you combat facism? It sure as fukk isn't with more neo-liberalism, but if that's the play....

:yeshrug:

I'ma strap up, roll up and watch the show.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
OP I am not moving. But I ain't begrudging anyone who considers moving and who moves.

Speaking as a black person black folks have left this country for a new one since the end of slavery. Hell befora and after slavery groups of black folks left and moved to canada, Haiti, cuba and africa. Few people know that after slavery grpups of black folks from Philadelphia moved to ciba. In the early 1900s black folks left america and moved to the carribean and africa. In the 1960s and 1970s black folks left for europe and africa.

shyt black folks left the south to move to the north to get away from white southern racism and lack of opportunities.

So I ain't never gonna trip on a black person who moves to another state, city, town, country hell or even planet or galaxy cause they think its the best decision for them or they family.

that’s been our history for thousands of years, beginning in africa. Run when the trouble comes and rebuild somewhere else. Chancellor Williams stressed that in his book. Said we’ve done it so much it’s become an established pattern with us.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
that’s been our history for thousands of years, beginning in africa. Run when the trouble comes and rebuild somewhere else. Chancellor Williams stressed that in his book. Said we’ve done it so much it’s become an established pattern with us.

Breh thats something folks have done all of the world for thousands of years. Hell we live in the most powerful country in the world who were founded on runaways and criminals who were escaping prosecution and hard times in europe.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Breh thats something folks have done all of the world for thousands of years. Hell we live in the most powerful country in the world who were founded on runaways and criminals who were escaping prosecution and hard times in europe.

but how many people can say that everytime they’ve moved they were actively sought out for destruction by those same people again? And then again? That’s the point. Wherever we go and set up and begin to thrive, whites folks come and tear it down. That’s not everyone’s history that’s unique to Black people. What I’m sayin is we’re among the world’s majority and at some point we have to start acting like it. We can’t spend the next thousand years running.

Status
Not open for further replies.