"If you make $80,000 you have no business marrying a woman that makes $35,000"

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Men generally dgaf how much a woman makes, although i get the logic. Eventually you gonna get divorce and owe alot more money to a broke woman then you would have if you have been with a successful one.

Last edited:

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
If she’s bad enough why would anyone care? Her money isn’t going to satisfy men this man.

Plus … not to go all 6 figures, 6 feet on anyone but making more than her to me is a must.

First comes the money
Then the power
Then the respect.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly I personally wouldn’t care how much a woman makes. But this country penalizes u if u make significantly more than her and ur dumb enough to marry her or get her pregnant. This is the type of sh1t they need to teach in schools. If u don’t mind taking the risk of ur paychecks being garnished, by all means do you.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
That's a female mindstate. And what happens when my career minded wife can't work due to pregnancy?

Who runs away with the bag in the divorce :sas2:

And what he said was solid. The title of the thread is somewhat misleading when the focus is pretty much on the implications.

When it comes to dating salary doesn't matter.

When it comes to marriage, you need to consider the cost of divorce. Still want to go through with it, get a prenup.